Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Sponsors > DealerLaw.com

Notices

DealerLaw.com DealerLaw.com is an official sponsor of DealershipForum.com

Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerLaw.com View Post
Tomorrow I will post a link to the article.
Here's a link to the Wall Street Journal article regarding the legality of TARP as it was applied to the GM and Chrysler bailouts - click here

(WSJ links are often restricted - if the above link doesn't work there's another one posted in AREA 51.)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #17
G8Girl

XDCX- I remember getting a list of the GM dealers last year that didn't sign the wind down agreement. I just found and scanned into a pdf, but not sure how to post so I'll send to you.
G8Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #18
DealerLaw.com
Supporting Sponsor

Thanks for attaching the link to the Wall Street Journal article. It has been very helpful to have the theory I have been espousing for over a year finally validated by constitutional scholars. After all, rejected dealers have wondered whether my proposed lawsuit was "pie in the sky", which has kept many dealers on the sidelines. I am not suggesting that this is a slam dunk case, but rather that the law was broken (read article) and that a federal judge should find the rejections were unconstitutional and that dealers are entitled to be paid for the taking of their property by the government.
DealerLaw.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8Girl View Post
XDCX- I remember getting a list of the GM dealers last year that didn't sign the wind down agreement. I just found and scanned into a pdf, but not sure how to post so I'll send to you.
Thanks for the information - that's awesome.

I just checked my email and downloaded the attachment. Here's the list of the GM dealers who did not sign their wind-down agreement:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GM Dealers did not sign winddown.pdf (316.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I just checked my email and downloaded the attachment. Here's the list of the GM dealers who did not sign their wind-down agreement:
I just read through the list and noticed one of the dealers, Bruce Chevrolet in Oregon, was reinstated by GM. I wonder if many of the other dealers ended up being reinstated?

I also noticed that Everett Chevrolet was on the list - I think that dealership was a GM Minority Dealership that was closed due to a SOT condition.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
possum

Any news on this thing?
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #22
flstsphil

As expected, the government filed a motion to dismiss on June 17. The attorneys handling the case were not surprised by any of the Government’s contentions, and are handling them accordingly. There will be some legal sparing until the court has a hearing, which is expected in October.
flstsphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #23
possum

October is here. It will be interesting to see if there is any movement on this. Bets?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #24
Jim

Progressing nicely but am hesitant to share detail. A Response has been filed in opposition.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #25
XDCX
Administrator

Possum - thanks for asking the question. It's been a long time since we've heard anything from Len concerning the case against the Treasury or any other issue.

Jim - thanks for the update. I know you're passionate about the damage that was done to the OLDCO dealers and I'm happy to see you're pleased with how the case is progressing.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #26
Jim

The response is public domain but I feel I must refrain from sharing documents at this time. It is clear that there is a strong case. Be patient. I am confident JUSTICE will prevail.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #27
DealerLaw.com
Supporting Sponsor

Here is the update. The U.S Government has filed a motion to dismiss the case. This is standard procedure. Last week we filed our brief in opposition to the motion. The Government will soon file a reply to our opposition. Tomorrow I will start sending copies of our brief to my 75 clients. After that I will circulate it to any interested party. The theory of liability is clearly spelled out in the brief. We feel very strongly that the Government will not be successful in dismissing the case and that we will proceed to trial to get each dealer adequately compensated. There is an opportunity for other rejected Chrysler dealers to join. Regards to all, Len Bellavia
Old 10-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #28
XDCX
Administrator

Len - Thanks for the update.

It's great to hear there's still an opportunity for Chrysler OLDCO dealers to join the case. Should dealers who want more information contact you directly or would you be interested in setting up a hidden "Member's Area" for your section of the forum where questions could be asked and answered?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #29
DealerLaw.com
Supporting Sponsor

Any rejected Chrysler dealer interested should log onto www.Dealerlaw.com and click the "Contact Us" tab at the top right side of the homepage. Thanks, Len Bellavia
Old 12-15-2011, 04:46 AM   #30
possum

As we approach Christmas, I'm wondering if there are any updates? I feel another story slowly going away................