Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
JoeRocket

Default Hmmmm

Is Fiat gonna be in here or is it going to be in it's own separate section on the forum?

It's not going to be separate in my parts inventory, though...
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

The forum's been pretty quiet lately - I don't think we'll have any trouble accommodating the Fiat Parts Managers who want to create threads in the Chrysler section.

That said, my bet is a lot of the Fiat Dealers will rely on their Service and Parts Managers at their Chrysler store to manage the back-end of their Fiat Dealership. I just can't see how a Fiat dealer could cover the overhead of a fully staffed service department given that there's no existing base of vehicles that need maintenance and repair.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
JoeRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
The forum's been pretty quiet lately - I don't think we'll have any trouble accommodating the Fiat Parts Managers who want to create threads in the Chrysler section.
Hehe

Quote:
That said, my bet is a lot of the Fiat Dealers will rely on their Service and Parts Managers at their Chrysler store to manage the back-end of their Fiat Dealership. I just can't see how a Fiat dealer could cover the overhead of a fully staffed service department given that there's no existing base of vehicles that need maintenance and repair.
Yeah, we're getting Fiat in a few (short) months. I have a initial order that should be in transit anytime and it will be stocked in amidst my current inventory. Got my parts list today. ~30K with 25% composed of accessories.

lol
Old 03-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
CJDGUY

Same here... Ready for the parts but it would be nice to know "when" they will appear!
CJDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDGUY View Post
Same here... Ready for the parts but it would be nice to know "when" they will appear!
CJDGUY - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum

Joe's been keeping the parts section alive - it's nice to see he'll have someone new to communicate with.

Concerning the Fiat parts, did Mopar offer any special return program or were the dealers pretty much required to take the IOP to get the franchise?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
JoeRocket

Quote:
Joe's been keeping the parts section alive - it's nice to see he'll have someone new to communicate with.
Yeah, the variable guys will like it, too.

Seriously, though. Nice to have ya.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
JoeRocket

Quote:
Ready for the parts but it would be nice to know "when" they will appear!
Prolly the day you decide to take a day off. Or if you have vacation scheduled.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
CJDGUY

There is not much information on the parts side of things as of yet. No special training requirements at this time for parts personnel. The parts order is required to get up and running so there is no say in what and how much you will get. I am not sure what type of guarantee if any there is going to be on the Fiat parts. I would assume that they will follow the ARO guidelines. It will be interesting and hopefully exciting at the same time.
CJDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
There is not much information on the parts side of things as of yet. No special training requirements at this time for parts personnel.
I'm getting the impression the lack of dealer information regarding Fiat isn't limited to the Parts Department.

Fiat's dealer count keeps dropping and it seems like there are a lot of stores that won't be open until the second half of this year.