Go Back   DealershipForum.com > European Franchises > Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche > Sales

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Volkswagen touts new minivan with "German Engineering"

I saw my first commercial for the 2009 Volkswagen Routan minivan the other day and had to smile when they touted the fact that it had "German Engineering."

While most customers will probably think that means the vehicle was designed and engineered by Volkswagen in Germany, most of us in the business know that the new Routan is just a rebadged Dodge Caravan.

The "German Engineering" is Daimler based, not Volkswagen based.

And given the messy divorce between Daimler and Chrysler last year you can bet that there aren't too many Dodge dealers selling the virtues of "German Engineering."

That said, I think the Volkswagen van may be the best looking of the three different versions.

XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote