Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Hyundai/Kia > Sales

Notices

Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
crowe

Default I love KIA!

Already got our best month YTD in the bank w/ 7 days to go & tracking our best month ever, if we don’t drop dead. I’m not counting stacks of qualified C4C deals ready to go next week. Every KIA in stock qualifies for the 4500 C4C depending on the clunker.
I would have sworn I bought too much inventory last month I didn’t buy enough. It’s on the way now, placed another supplement order from port stock (3rd this mo.) will have it in 10 days.
This is the way the car biz should be. I love KIA! They smell blood in the water & know it’s time to eat.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
WillSD

crowe -- do your purchase orders address the potential of not receiving the C4C funds? With all the rumors floating around regarding the speed in which the C4C money will be used, I'm curious how the larger dealers are addressing this concern. Congrats on a great month!
WillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Good to hear Crowe! It's nice to see some positivity once in a while, huh?

I think Hyundai / Kia have the potential to set in the US market where Chrysler and GM cannot.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

crowe - I love your posts and often think about your threads when I drive by a KIA store.

It's awesome that 100% of your inventory qualifies for C4C. My bet is when the final C4C score is tallied the imports will kill the domestics when it comes to this program. Cheap cars that get good mileage seem to be a "no-brainer" for the C4C program.

Congrats on a great month.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSD View Post
crowe -- do your purchase orders address the potential of not receiving the C4C funds? With all the rumors floating around regarding the speed in which the C4C money will be used, I'm curious how the larger dealers are addressing this concern. Congrats on a great month!
WillSD - Sorry, I must have missed your question when you first posted it.

In response to your question, crowe's been using this solution - click here
Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
Good to hear Crowe! It's nice to see some positivity once in a while, huh?

I think Hyundai / Kia have the potential to set in the US market where Chrysler and GM cannot.
I just saw the article in Automotive News that features future product from Hyundai and KIA and I couldn't agree more. They've got some great product in the pipeline.

The only thing that still puzzles me is why Hyundai/KIA passed on the Chrysler deal? It would have provided them with immediate access to trucks and full size SUVs. My bet is they must have something already in the works?
Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I was thinking that Hyundai/Kia was shying away from SUVs and trucks since they seem to be marketing their current CUV lineup in combination with the $1.50/gal gasoline promotion. I think they'll always be a market for trucks in the US, but I think full size SUVs may become a thing of the past, like the Pinto.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
I was thinking that Hyundai/Kia was shying away from SUVs and trucks since they seem to be marketing their current CUV lineup in combination with the $1.50/gal gasoline promotion. I think they'll always be a market for trucks in the US, but I think full size SUVs may become a thing of the past, like the Pinto.
That $1.49 gas promotion was one of the few failures that Hyundai's had lately - I don't think they got much traction on that deal.

Concerning the full size SUV, I think it all depends on fuel cost. For people who have a boat or a trailer to tow the full size SUV is an ideal vehicle.

Concerning the future of Hyundai/KIA - I think it's awesome. GM and Chrysler have been weakened during the bankruptcy process and almost all the analysts expect both companies to lose market share. Even Toyota is in a weakened state, claiming that they're currently losing money in North America.

With hot product in the pipeline, Hyundai/KIA couldn't ask for better timing.