Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 03-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Default Here's what I'm thinking so far.....

Based on the input in this thread, this is what I'm thinking so far:

At some point in the near future I have my Website Developer flip a switch and AREA 51 and all the threads/posts in that section become invisible.

To be able to access that portion of the forum a member would be required to do three things:
  1. Provide their real name
  2. Respond to an e-mail sent from XDCX to their dealership e-mail address
  3. Be referred or "sponsored" by an existing member who has access to AREA 51
In the event a new member wanted access but didn't know anyone who would sponsor them, I'm thinking a phone call to their dealership would be a suitable substitute.

As before, I'm looking for input if anyone can think of a better solution.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
CL Pgh

I'm certainly game on those thoughts!

I was going to suggest a new member could also gain access to 51 by submitting their best closing technique... factory snoops wouldn't have a chance on that one!

The Factory Snoop:
My best closing technique is when I can offer a $2000 cash payment into the buyers personal account for each vehicle he/she buy's... provided they take at least 25 additional units and fulfill their allocation... and that 5 of them are five passenger Commanders... and that the buyer don't dare tell another dealer about what a great deal you just made.

:cwm:
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
I'm certainly game on those thoughts!
I'm waiting to hear back from my Website Developer but it looks like this is a pretty simple solution that would address the primary concern and restore a sense of security with AREA 51.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #19
Moparguy

I like the idea of logging in, requesting access to Area 51 with some type of unique
verification process specific to the dealer, verification of the e-mail access point, and then transmitting back a unique 1 time, single use password. This way the login and password can't be passed along once it is used.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
I like the idea of logging in, requesting access to Area 51 with some type of unique
verification process specific to the dealer, verification of the e-mail access point, and then transmitting back a unique 1 time, single use password. This way the login and password can't be passed along once it is used.
That's a good idea but I don't have the resources to pull it off at this point. It would also create complications for our members who access the site from several different computers.

I watch IP Addresses carefully and feel comfortable that the members who have access to AREA 51 meet our guidelines.

That said, I share your concerns that AREA 51 remain secure and I'm open to any ideas that would enhance or improve upon our current efforts.