Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
dafuzz1956

Default Chrysler out sells Ford

Is it true thatwe out performed Ford and GM in retail sales ?
I watched the web cast yesterday and Mr. Landry reminded me of Mr. Rogers.
He looked like a little kid who won a kick ball game ( nerds vs jocks ), not to knock good news but what can I say I am a bad boy.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I think that fact is highly tied to the amount of incentives Chrysler offered last month.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuzz1956 View Post
Is it true thatwe out performed Ford and GM in retail sales ?
It's my understanding that Chrysler outsold Ford at retail in the U.S. and both Ford and GM in Canada. The fact that Chrysler was #1 in Canada is impressive.

Chrysler needed some good headlines and February's sales results provided some much welcomed good news. Hopefully the momentum will continue into March.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
I think that fact is highly tied to the amount of incentives Chrysler offered last month.
That's a logical conclusion based on the headlines that resulted from the Edmunds.com Press Release, but in actuality the incentives were lower in February for most vehicles than they were in December or January.

There's no question that Chrysler is spending a lot of money on incentives, but the fact that they're spending less and selling more is the story that the news media has missed. And as I've mentioned before, it's better for the dealers if the media never gets the story right.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote