Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
gingersnap

Default Inventory

Does anybody out there have any New Chrysler Jeep Inventory 4-SALE?
gingersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
Granch

You want some Compasses??

Im thin on inventory everywhere else..
Granch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

This could end up being a problem for a lot of Chrysler dealers.

As we covered in another thread, Chrysler's production ramps up at a slow pace and they're still planning for a two-week shut down this month for most assembly plants.

My bet is most dealers won't see any significant shipments of new vehicles until the early part of September.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Anyone worried about running out of vehicles because of CARS?

If dealer inventories were light before the CARS program, I betting they're even lighter now.

Is anyone at risk of running dry, or will your replacement inventory arrive in time?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap View Post
Does anybody out there have any New Chrysler Jeep Inventory 4-SALE?
One of our members in your Home State has three Commanders that are looking for a new home - click here

If nothing else the maybe you can use the Commanders to engineer some Dealer Trades?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
gingersnap

1 JEEP liberty left Not Good
Old 08-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
mopar4life

We have/haven't the following:
Dakota-3
Ram (LD/HD)-8
Nitro-0
Durango-0
Caravan-0 (C/V-1)
Journey-0
Caliber-0
Avenger-0
Charger-2
Challenger-0

We do have several late bloomer 09's coming pony express within next 30days but otherwise I've never seen our lot this dry in all my years! We are getting plenty of rain though--any takers on water???
mopar4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

mopar4life - it's going to be hard to maintain any momentum if you're down to 14 units on inventory.

I was watching CNBC this morning and they were making a big deal about CARS impact on production - they felt the auto industry needed to boost production so it would have a positive impact on GDP and help get the Country out of the recession.

In my opinion, CARS should offer Sold Order Protection. As I said in another thread, it would be a win/win/win.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
Txflyer

Mopar4life - we are right behind you with a whopping 12 new units in stock. If they do reinstate CARS, I'd like to see them hold off and do it again in 3 months when we might have some inventory. Maybe we'll have been paid on the original transactions too.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
Mopar4life - we are right behind you with a whopping 12 new units in stock. If they do reinstate CARS, I'd like to see them hold off and do it again in 3 months when we might have some inventory. Maybe we'll have been paid on the original transactions too.
I've read that Chrysler's overall inventories are at record lows - I'm sure most Chrysler dealers feel the same way and would like a chance to re-stock before CARS gets additional funding.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
mopar4life

Quote:
This is exactly what we have been "hoping" will happen. End the program soon & then re-instate it in Nov/Dec. Not having our Caliber until Jan at earliest wouldn't help us a great deal but it would be better than nothing (Dodge only store).
Could you imagine Washington price protecting the CARS program? And we think the current invoice process is a nightmare. Washington would probably want DNA & scanned finger prints samples from the buyers along with a drug test, cholesterol levels, the weather status the day the customer signed, what brand of pen was used to sign and the MDH of the pens used!
mopar4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
Txflyer

After another day of CARS sales we are left with the following on our lot:

Ram 2500 - 1
Ram 1500 - 7
Nitro - 1

That's it folks - a whopping 9 vehicles.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
That's it folks - a whopping 9 vehicles.
Do you have many units in transit?

I'm guessing that you don't since Chrysler hasn't had their plants operational for very long since they've exited bankruptcy.

At this point I guess all you can do is focus on used cars and fixed operations. On the plus side, I bet your flooring charges are at record lows.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #14
gingersnap

granch, I bet you are glad i never called you on your Compasses ?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Default Automotive News story with Wes Lutz on the cover

Did anyone see the Automotive News story with Wes Lutz on the cover?

The article indicated that the dealership is down to 6 new vehicles - they typically keep 150 in inventory. Here's a link to the report - click here

While I'm not positive, I think AN quoted Lutz just prior to Chrysler's bankruptcy indicating that he was going to run his inventory to very low levels because he planned to pick-up OLDCO vehicles at auction. The theory was the banks would get nervous and rush to liquidate vehicles.

I guess that plan didn't work out so well....

As a side note for those that may have wondered, I've read that Wes Lutz is not related to Bob Lutz.