Go Back   DealershipForum.com > European Franchises > Mercedes Benz > Sales

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #16
dealer3100

I leased a 2008 Pacifica Ltd for my wife and two kids...She absolutely loved it and the kids loved the captain chairs with their DVD in the middle..Lease came up a year and half ago and I had to buy my 1st car (aloways leased). I got her a Commander Ltd., as she says, "it is a gas hog and no room or comfort". I wish the Chrysler brand would get another crossover/ Pacifica. That is what keeps the Lexus brand going, the RX. I agree it is the hottest segment right now...
dealer3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I know that its sales haven't been what Mercedes wanted, and that it has polarizing looks but I got one of these for my wife. R500. She was REALLY sick of the minivan double-negative; you know, the stigma that you are actually driving a minivan, and the fact that it's one of the least satisfying vehicles you can drive.

R series seats six in comfort, with all of the amenities that you'd expect in a Mercedes. And on long road trips, it is an absolute dream on the expressway.
You make some great points but I just can't get passed the styling of the Mercedes R-Series. That said, I bet it's a great vehicle to drive.

Is the R-Series pretty inexpensive as a used car? I wonder if their polarized styling impacted their resale prices?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The StraightShooter View Post
The problem with the Pacifica was its launch absolutely the worst in terms of marketing and price. Epic Fail. The only person who made out '03-'04 was Celine Dion w/ the Pacifica.
I remember that too - the sales mix for the Pacifica was way too rich when Chrysler launched the car and the commercials with Celine Dion were ineffective at best.

I think it's cool to see how much love there is for the old Pacifica. With the exception of the 3.5 being underpowered it seems like it was a pretty decent vehicle.

Concerning quality, I always thought the Pacifica was better than average for Chrysler. I'd be curious to hear what problems Ghost ran into when taking care of his service customers.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #19
ghostrider
Banned

I never owned the Pacifica but rented one in Boston for a 2 week vacation around 2005 or so. It had a 2.7 V6, horribly under powered. My kids were 9 and 5 at the time and could not see out of the back seat windows due to the high window sills. Both kids got motion sickness. I am 6-3, so the seat didnt go back far enough so my right knee rubbed the center console making a raw spot on my leg. My right foot was in pain due to be wedging my foot up and back to try to press the gas petal. Horrible car for me and the airport had nothing to swap with.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #20
OutDrive.ca

I can't attest to the driving characteristics of the Pacifica, however i will agree on the poor styling, as with the R-Class. Then again, they all get it wrong some times, just look at the BMW 5 series GT..... Barf.
OutDrive.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutDrive.ca View Post
Then again, they all get it wrong some times, just look at the BMW 5 series GT..... Barf.
I agree 100% - I absolutely hate the BMW 5 Series GT - it reminds me of the failed crossover vehicle that Honda and Acura are trying to sell.

BMW 5 Series GT:

Honda Accord Crosstour: