Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 12-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Today's the shortest day of the year...

For those who hate winter as much as I do, you can join me in celebrating today as the shortest day of year.

I've always thought it's depressing when the days keep getting shorter and shorter. I love the long summer days and can't wait for them to return.

The cool thing about today is that finally the worst is over and it just keeps getting better from here.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
crowe

Yeah! Now it’s a little longer each day. Come on daylight savings time!!!!
This time of year is really messing w/ my golf game. Played Thursday morning 34 degrees w/ 40 mph gusts the greens were froze on the front nine hit the 1st green pin high it was like hitting the cart path. 2 birdies on the back & I wont talk about the rest.

What do you think is worse when you’re about 9 & you hear there’s no Santa or later when you find out you get the bill for Santa & he gets all the credit?
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I've got equivalent hatred for the longest day of the year, so remind me to post something on June 21st. All of us weirdos can celebrate!
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Ralph

hahaha, longest day of the year seems to come when it's still practically late winter weather these days in the Northeast. By the time it gets "summery", we're on the downslide...UGh...

When I go belly up, maybe I'll try to get a place somewhere warm for the winter. :-)
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
I've got equivalent hatred for the longest day of the year, so remind me to post something on June 21st. All of us weirdos can celebrate!
Whoa, are you saying that you like the cold and darkness of winter?

The only reason I can think of why I would hate June 21st is because it's the end of a good trend and the beginning of a bad one.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
When I go belly up, maybe I'll try to get a place somewhere warm for the winter. :-)
You've got to stop talking like that.

Didn't you read your forecast sheet from Chrysler? There are huge waves of buyers who will be flooding your showroom floor in February and March. You'd better order your Sebrings today before they're all gone....
Old 12-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe View Post
This time of year is really messing w/ my golf game. Played Thursday morning 34 degrees w/ 40 mph gusts the greens were froze on the front nine hit the 1st green pin high it was like hitting the cart path. 2 birdies on the back & I wont talk about the rest.
Wow, that's dedication to your golf game.

I can't think of anything I do that I enjoy enough where I'd be willing to do it in 34 degree weather with 40 MPH gusts...
Old 12-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #8
crowe

It is the one sport I can still beat my two sons in. I’ve played sports most of my life & find this silly game the most challenging for me.

I didn’t take up golf until I was 45 when I played in a football class reunion. I could not have played dead in a western & I knew I was a better athlete than these guys. I was embarrassed, so during that winter I went to the driving range after work every night for 5 mos. & played every chance I got. I broke 80 less than a year from the 1st time I played, broke par the 2nd yr & got in the pocket of my teammates on a regular basis.

Obsessed? Maybe a little I’ve been known to play 45 holes on my day off.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
dafuzz1956

And my wife thinks I am too addicted to golf, wives just don't understand
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote