Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Wide Glide would be referring to a Harley, I'm sure. Thats what I ride most of the time, and will be making the annual pilgrimage to New Mexico in Sept for the "Golden Aspen Rally". I really want to think of something besides Chrysler! ( At least for a week )
I think it's cool that we all have our "diversions" to get away from the car business.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Default Over 24 Hours and no response to an Internet Price Quote request

Amazingly, after over 24 hours I have still not received a price quote or phone call from a local SeaDoo dealer after my Internet inquiry.

What makes that fact so surprising is the ski I'm interested in is a 2008 RXP-X that they've had in inventory for over a year. To the extent that summer is already half over in this area, you'd think they'd be eager to sell the unit fearing they'd get stuck with it over the winter.

The reason for the post is I think I'm like a lot of retail buyers - I was ready to buy yesterday and would have done a deal. After 24 hours to think about it, I've lost interest.

The moral to the story, if you're responsible for your dealership's Internet Department this can be a good reminder why it's in their best interest to respond quickly.

(Side note - I know they got the inquiry because I received an automated e-mail response advising me that I'd be contacted shortly.... )
Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 AM   #18
F&I Pro

Sorry for the lack of clarity regarding the "Wide Glide", that is a Harley and a great diversion from the everyday reality, especially during these times dealing with chrysler.
F&I Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #19
dafuzz1956

My diversion is GOLF, sometimes I can use the ball as someones head and you would be amazed at how far that ball can travel
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #20
XDCX
Administrator

Default Update - The RXP's been sold and I now know what failed

I decided that I didn't have the time or the tools to complete the repairs to my ski on my own so I placed an ad on Craigslist and sold it for $3,000. That's about a $3,500 depreciation hit for selling it as a broken ski.

My buyer was a very cool guy who promised to let me know what he found once he tore into the engine. I was 95% certain it had to be a spun bearing - I was wrong.

It ends up that a small bolt from the oil pump vibrated loose and got sucked into the oil pump, breaking the housing and scouring the gears.

Here's a picture of the "root cause"

Based on what I've read on a SeaDoo forum that I read, loose oil pump bolts have been a problem on some SeaDoo engines.

I've been referring to the incident as my "$3,500 Screw job from SeaDoo."