Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
possum

Default Dealer standards

In reading DealerConnect, they are talking a lot about the new Dealer Standards Program.

Is no one alarmed about this, or worried about it? If we were still imprisioned by this company, I would be not to happy with this new idea.

With no clear future, it appears to be another drain of cash.

Last edited by possum; 10-02-2009 at 02:37 PM.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
lsx only

we were reading that also,gonna be scary they have to attend a meeting in detriot soon and that is bad enough
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
CL Pgh

I don't think there's much to it... Customer One, Five Star (Prep-it-Right Delivery-it-Right)... call it what you want it's all BS but there's always going to be "some" version of basic accountability. The kick-off meeting is only 3hrs long... that's it. Maybe I'm wrong (let ya know after 10-22 local meeting)... but no way could Chrysler implement some of the crazy expenses/requirements that went along with the start of Five Star... the dealer body just can't afford it today! So far all this Dealer Standards/Customer Care revolves around is “self evaluation forms”… just basic stuff.

Remember the logo/figurine for Customer One??? The stick figure person holding their hands in the air, sort of a touch-down look to it.?. at the kick-off meeting our owner waived our DM over to the table and asked if the guy was standing that way because Chrysler had a gun stuck in his back demanding money! We roared with laughter… the whole room looked at us. Our DM was mad… that was serious stuff to them at the time.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

I haven't had a chance to study the program yet, but agree that anything that doesn't generate profits for the dealers should be put on the back-burner at Chrysler.

I wonder if this is the program Landry was referring to in a Conference Call shortly after the dealers learned whether they were OLDCO or NEWCO? I recall he made a statement that "going forward would not be a cake walk" and that Chrysler would be "taking customer satisfaction and putting it on steroids."
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Chrysler would be "taking customer satisfaction and putting it on steroids."

Does this mean that they will put out a product line that actually generates customer satisfaction now?
Slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:01 AM   #6
possum

The letter refers to a "third party inspection of the Dealer".

I just don't know how much more the Dealers can afford with a company who's future is at least cloudy.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #7
ohiobuckeyes

If we are talking about the "Care Standards" do really think it is going to work for the smaller NewCo stores. The Other day I was doing some training via dealer connect on other items and the Phone was rining off the hook, & Fiat wants us to "Answer all telephone calls within three rings, and ensure call “hold” time does not exceed 30 seconds", I know it did not get answered until the 5th ring and sometimes the service department can not get to the phone for about 60 seconds. The "Care Standards" what a JOKE!

"The letter refers to a "third party inspection of the Dealer".
Were did it say anything about Inspections?

Last edited by ohiobuckeyes; 10-03-2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Added Inspection comment.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
possum

10/6/09 is the first meeting, and will interesting to hear the feedback!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
lsx only

heck i thought u guys were talking about gm and there new dealer standards
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote