Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
LJS

Default How do you guys track ups?

We are a small dealer in a small town, population less than 2,000 people. Nearly every person that comes in our store we know personally. One of the things the SGS genius told us was that as part of the new customer care standards we have to have the name and info on basically every single person that comes on our property. I personally think some of our older conservative german customers are going to view this as too pushy, but what the hell do I know, I've only spent my entire life in this community and around these people but SGS must know better what they will like! So anyhow,who has a decent form for tracking ups? I don't even know where to look for one. Also, does anyone have a form for a written proposal that they think is good? The one my computer prints out they don't really like. And after all, we know the best thing to do is when a customer won't commit and is going to go shopping, is to give the customer down to the penny every number on the deal so they can go to the next guy and beat it by $20 and we lose the deal.

Last edited by LJS; 02-12-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: added to post.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I'd suggest Microsoft Access or Excel to track your UP's. It's cheap and would probably fit your needs well. While at Lithia, we used a big fancy software suite to track UP's that tracked everything you needed to know about the customer base. But, it doesn't sound like you would need that.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
CL Pgh

Dealer Connect has the couple pieces you need … plus several other docs. that may help you out. The forms are basic and maybe close to what you’re using… but they are “Chrysler” forms so you know SGS can’t find fault with them. Also… as your sales staff goes to the required certification classes over the next few months (Presenting the Vehicle & Neg. and Closing) you’ll need a couple of the forms that are in this same area… so here’s the steps to find all this stuff.

Dealer Connect
Training tab
Chrysler Acadamy Learning Center
Resources tab
Sales (left side)
Job Aids (left side) … and your there!

As Shacos mentioned, the one doc runs from Excel... so you may need to get an Excel program if don't already have that.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
I'd suggest Microsoft Access or Excel to track your UP's. It's cheap and would probably fit your needs well. While at Lithia, we used a big fancy software suite to track UP's that tracked everything you needed to know about the customer base. But, it doesn't sound like you would need that.
Great idea.

If you're looking a for a pre-built Excel solution you may want to check out this site - AutomotiveProfit.com

The spreadsheets are FREE and the owner of the site has helped to promote our site for the past year or two. It's worth checking out.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Great idea.

If you're looking a for a pre-built Excel solution you may want to check out this site - AutomotiveProfit.com

The spreadsheets are FREE and the owner of the site has helped to promote our site for the past year or two. It's worth checking out.
I use the F/I log from Automotive Profit in Open Office. Open Office is a Java based verison of MS Office and its free.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I believe Google Docs would be a good free option as well.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
Granch

Its hard to track what we lack.....
Granch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
The forms are basic and maybe close to what you’re using… but they are “Chrysler” forms so you know SGS can’t find fault with them.
Great post - I especially like your logic that SGS can't find fault if the forms originate from Chrysler.

I'd be tempted to add an extra column beside each customer contact - "Check box if customer was a SGS Mystery Shopper"
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote