Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default 2 years since Chrysler Cut

I will never forget where I was when I got the call from my son that we were one of the 789. I thought by now I would have put it behind me, I guess I haven't and probably never will. Lots of changes for a lot of good people in the last two years.

Not to minimize our great veterans, but I saw a tattoo on one of my motorcycle customers arm the other day "All gave some some gave all"
again I know these were "just businesses" not lives. It just hit me that it seemed to apply to the 789.

Have a great day everyone, if you are an ongoing dealer I truly hope business is good. If you are one of the 789, remember the good days of the factory...good employees....good vendors...and most important the good customers, you know the ones that became friends. Pick the best one and give him a call today and thank him for his past business. I am.

Just for the hell of it at 9:30 pm tonight central time, hoist your favorite beverage and lets have a toast to the guys that are gone...the guys that are left...and the hope that nothing like this will EVER happen again. Mine will be a Crown on the rocks.....I think I will make it a double.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
possum

I'll toast it with you! I can't think of anything to add, you said it all.

"To the 789" !
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
The StraightShooter

I started to recount those events of 2 years ago myself last night. Most days I try not to think about and keep myself busy. But most other days its unavoidable no matter how hard I try. Just pulling in my lot some mornings is enough to make the day a downer. Whats worse is taking calls from customers looking for a new car or a place to get their car fixed under warranty...I still get those almost everday. The feelings, the losses, and the injustice can only be described as staggering.

On the brightside, I really do enjoy getting solicited by TARP banks... (some of the same ones who dropped me like a bad case of the clap back in May 2009), to sell their paper and services. Just like all greedy whores, they come back when they smell money. But this is the business we've chosen. Some I've signed back up with while others don't get 3 steps into my showroom before I throw them the f' out.

Hundreds of thousands of milligrams of aspirin and antacids later the fact is that I gotta keep looking forward or otherwise I turn into a pillar of salt. Despite the best efforts of many in Auburn Hills and Washington D.C. I'm still here doing what I do. They never knocked me down, they could never knock me down. The best revenge is living and living well(or at least attempting to)

Salut
We The Living
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
possum

The best revenge is truly "living well", and thats what we are doing! Like the song says:

"Hit me with your best shot, fire away". I'm still standin.............
Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Steve - Thanks for starting this thread - I've been away from the Internet and would have missed the anniversary of Chrysler's OLDCO/NEWCO selection.

I still remember that day like it was yesterday. The forum had a surge in traffic that's never been matched - dealers and their employees were anxious to learn their fate.

As someone who really loved Chrysler all my adult life, I lost a lot of respect for the company on May 14, 2009. In my opinion the OLDCO/NEWCO selection process was tainted and Chrysler's treatment of the OLDCO dealers was (and continues to be) immoral.

That said, it was two years ago and I agree with the sentiments that living well is the best revenge.

Thanks again Steve for starting this thread - I'll be joining you in your toast at 9:30 p.m. Central Time.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Default Jon Stewart's commentary on Chrysler's Dealer Notification

Our member ssdd posted this clip from Jon Stewart's show regarding how Chrysler notified their dealers of their OLDCO/NEWCO status - click here

It's truly sad that Chrysler's behavior was so poor it warranted a comedy routine.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
Jim

I completed 8 hours of deposition. I hadn't realized our anniversary until just now. I am not sure if I feel the same celebration. I got screwed. I am fighting. I will continue to fight until justice prevails.

Jim
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
possum

That is a great skit with Jon Stewart. I have that clip, and a couple of others, on my Facebook page, and like you, remember it like it was yesterday. I also remember the Dealer who was "kind" enough to tell me early, and the Dealers who turned away when help was needed. But, I also remember all the great Dealer friends who were there, and did help in the darkest hours.

One more thing that must be thought of is the help that DealershipForum provided. This site was clearly the only light in a very dark time. The info on here helped many good people keep their sanity.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #9
steve_biegler

X-man, I stand corrected we received the letter on the 14th....today not yesterday. The letter is dated the 13th. I guess I was premature......not the first time in my life. I guess I'll just have to have another double tonight.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 AM   #10
ghostrider
Banned

Gentleman,
I agree it is horrible the way all that happened. Several of you wrote of fighting the closures. What would be your best or preferred out come? Reopen your Chrysler brand store or some sort of payment?
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #11
Jim

Ghost,
With all due respect, are you from planet Earth?
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Ghost,
Easy there, Jim. Ghostrider's been about the only one posting anything around here lately - I don't want to run him off.

In answer to Ghost's question, I think the vast majority of the 789 no longer want anything to do with Chrysler. The treatment they received over the past two years has broken any previous bonds of loyalty.

That said, I bet all of the 789 would love to turn the clock back to 1998 and forget that this whole mess ever happened. I selected 1998 because it was the last year of the "real" Chrysler Corporation and before the downward spiral launched by the management team from Daimler.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
X-man, I stand corrected we received the letter on the 14th....today not yesterday. The letter is dated the 13th. I guess I was premature......not the first time in my life. I guess I'll just have to have another double tonight.
No worries - part of me thought it was the 13th too. It wasn't until I saw the news clips in Jon Stewart's skit that I remembered it was the 14th.

For those who want to reflect on what they were going through two years ago, you may want to review this thread in AREA 51 - click here It's still the longest running and most viewed thread in AREA 51 and it portrays all of the anxiety and confusion that was associated with Chrysler's notification process. (The time when dealers started to receive their letters is on page eight of the thread.)
Old 05-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
JoeRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Ghost,
Wow. I thought it was a interesting and respectfully worded question.

Don't sweat it, Ghost. I've been kicked in the juevos, too. It doesn't hurt long...lol.
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRocket View Post
Wow. I thought it was a interesting and respectfully worded question.

Don't sweat it, Ghost. I've been kicked in the juevos, too. It doesn't hurt long...lol.
It was a respectful kick... and it made me laugh...
We are all in this together... No malice was intended,Ghost, I'm sure...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote