Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 03-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Excellent moves. Well thought out and well executed.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
Ralph

hehehe, I just don't know about how to use the site enough to see who's on. I log in and it's right to the game. Well....I read the latest and then throw my coins into the wishing well.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
hehehe, I just don't know about how to use the site enough to see who's on. I log in and it's right to the game. Well....I read the latest and then throw my coins into the wishing well.
That's why we love ya Ralph.....

If you're curiosity's been piqued, just click "Quick Links" on the menu bar above and then select "Who's Online" at the bottom of the drop-down list.

It's a fast way to see who's on the site and what they're reading. It's also cool to see how often Google and Yahoo surf the site to gather content. And if you ever see a spike of 50 - 70 visitors all at one time, it's almost always some search engine from China.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
As we have discussed before, a new area that could formed that requires an invitation from XDCS. A 20 group of sorts.

Not to be snobish, but this forum has become important to most of us who view it daily.

We all have dealer friends that we have refered to the forum that we trust, and this could and should continue.

And as with Ralph's recent issue, we don't want to see any of us leave this site. ( we love ya man )

And this could very well happen if we feel that "BIG BROTHER" is watching.

Just some thoughts....
Sorry, I've been intending to respond to this post for a long time.

You make several excellent points and I'm in complete agreement. This forum needs to have a secure area if we expect members to come here and share their thoughts and ideas.

That said, instead of creating an AREA 52 I'm going to lock-down AREA 51. Currently there are almost 1,000 members who have access to AREA 51 but only about 50 who actually participate.

In the near future access to AREA 51 will be limited to people we know and trust.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:01 AM   #20
MARV

You know it's REALLY sad and infantile when a manufacturer thinks they need to be spying on their dealer's comments. Now granted I've posted things in forums in a moment of anger that I wish I hadn't but that is part of the human condition to be expressive. I'm not a dealer but in my opinion Chryco should be looking for ways to calm the unrest amongst it's dealers fully realizing that without them that metal collects dust at the rail head.
MARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARV View Post
You know it's REALLY sad and infantile when a manufacturer thinks they need to be spying on their dealer's comments. Now granted I've posted things in forums in a moment of anger that I wish I hadn't but that is part of the human condition to be expressive. I'm not a dealer but in my opinion Chryco should be looking for ways to calm the unrest amongst it's dealers fully realizing that without them that metal collects dust at the rail head.
MARV - Great post.

To be clear, I believe the efforts to gain access to AREA 51 are most likely the result of two employees who let their curiosity get the better of them. I don't think SGS or Chrysler would endorse these efforts.

That said, in each instance I sent an e-mail message to the individual who created the false account and welcomed a return e-mail message explaining the circumstances. I never received a response to any of the e-mail messages.

I agree that Chrysler should be working with their dealers to calm the unrest and repair damaged relationships. Sadly, it doesn't appear to be happening yet....