Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
The Fixer

Default Master Shield Product

Well my rep was in yesterday and wanted to talk about revifing the Master Shield Porgram, seems that MOPAR has a push on it again. I'm located in the Detroit area, and we have been out of the program for about fifteen years due to the larger lease markert we were in. I'm just woundering if any one has been using the product all along, and if so, have you ever made any claims, if so, how difficult was the proccess? Does your dealership make any money on the program, and who sells the product,sales, F&I or service? Or is it packed into the car deal? There looking for a large investment from us with the promise of large revenue in return, is this true? I'm not sure now is the time for any investment.

Thanks guys
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
ljbprrfmof

When we sold it, we let the salesman have first crack at it before T.O. to F&I. The girl in F&I had a smooth easy close while chatting and qualifying, she would say, "Oh! I see the salesman didn't talk to you about the rustproofing protection package (or environmental protection package), you did want to have the lifetime warranty for your car, didn't you? Did you want to protect the paint and fabric as well?

I would commission anyone who would sell it, sales, F&I, or service. Profit from anywhere is Okay.

If you are certain your store is marked with the grease over the showroom door and they are gonna keep you in the fold, you might as well sign up for the program.

We never had many issues with the warranty, most folks did not keep their inspections current and/or kept their cars long enough to have a claim, and I am just across Lake Erie from you, so we know salt.
ljbprrfmof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
dafuzz1956

We dropped Master Shield 2+ yrs ago and now sell Auto Aurmor inrerior and paint only. I is an easy sell and we don't sell for crazy price. $499.00 for both and charge deal $175.00
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote