Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #31
ssdd

I just got off the phone with my R&R rep. she sounds young and not 100% confident, but she did say that it is going nation wide, and I must have been on the leading edge of the roll out. she says that dealers have gotten in trouble for having their customer info sold to some other companies and this is forcing them to do this. I still think it is a fee grabbing deal myself... but I agree with some controls being put in place...

she said integra link is one of the companies R&R has a problem with, and that is who Chrysler uses. she said I can call tech support and they will set up a report to run in my system and then R&R will send the stuff to integra link automatically. this was the part where she was a little shaking. she is supposed to call me back after she checks on it to make sure that is right.
I told her I was o.k. with the deal but we pay the a crap ton of money to R&R, and I should not have to do more work because of their security measures.
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #32
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
I just got off the phone with my R&R rep. she sounds young and not 100% confident, but she did say that it is going nation wide, and I must have been on the leading edge of the roll out. she says that dealers have gotten in trouble for having their customer info sold to some other companies and this is forcing them to do this. I still think it is a fee grabbing deal myself... but I agree with some controls being put in place...

she said integra link is one of the companies R&R has a problem with, and that is who Chrysler uses. she said I can call tech support and they will set up a report to run in my system and then R&R will send the stuff to integra link automatically. this was the part where she was a little shaking. she is supposed to call me back after she checks on it to make sure that is right.
I told her I was o.k. with the deal but we pay the a crap ton of money to R&R, and I should not have to do more work because of their security measures.
Thanks for the update.

It will be interesting to see if R&R offers a solution where a non-certified vendor like Integra-Link can still get the data they need without having the dealership jump through hoops. Time will tell.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote