Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
mryan55

Default Challenger Hellcat

At this point, most dealers who are going to get one of the first run of Hellcat either have the vehicle on the ground or in transit.

What has the reaction been from consumers so far? It seems like there is a reasonable amount of interest from folks, but I am not sure how many will even be close to actually purchasing one.

I don't normally do any additional dealer markup, but I have decided to try mine at $5,000 over sticker. Some of our other local dealers are going for $10,000-plus over sticker. Needless to say, other than bonafide sold orders, I don't think a lot of have made it into customer hands yet.

It also seems that the initial interest has died down to some degree and that you can have purchase one for around sticker, plus or minus a few grand, if you are willing to travel for the deal.

Any thoughts?
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I just did a quick review of completed auctions on Ebay and it looks like the Challenger Hellcats are fetching about $5,000 - $10,000 over MSPR. Here's a link to a completed auction where the sale price was about $75K and the Monroney was about $65K - click here

While I'm not fan of ADP stickers I think they're appropriate in situations where the supply and demand equation is out of balance. It makes no sense to sell a hot product for MSRP and then have your buyer try to flip it for a profit.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
mryan55

Before I worry about it I guess mine needs to get here... only 30 days KZ at this point!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Challenger Hellcat for sale at Barrett-Jackson tonight

I thought of this thread yesterday as I was walking through the tents at Barrett-Jackson and saw a 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

Here's the photo and listing information:

Unlike the vast majority of the other vehicles that were on display the Hellcat didn't have a Bidder Information Sheet affixed to the inside of the windshield. If you didn't know what a Hellcat was you'd likely think it was just another Challenger that was for sale.

It will be interesting to see what the Hellcat sells for. Given that Barrett-Jackson charges about 10% to the seller and an additional 10% to the buyer it's hard to imagine that the individual/dealer who consigned the vehicle will do better than they would have selling the Hellcat in a different venue. Time will tell....
Old 01-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
mryan55

Yes -- I would be more likely to sell my for MSRP than to worry about all of the auction fees. At least there's still some margin at MSRP whereas running it at the sale is a bit of a question mark!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

I just checked - the Hellcat hammered for $88K last night.

That means the buyer will pay $96,800 with fees and the seller will probably net just under $80,000.

Seems like Barrett-Jackson is the only one making money on that deal....
Old 01-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #7
mryan55

Wow... $88k. A bit of an update here -- we got our first Hellcat in the other day. I have a customer calling all the way from Texas begging to buy it for MSRP. I'm going to hold to my $5k over guns for a while, I think.

I'm also keeping it out of the showroom so it doesn't attract needless attention. I don't think this car is one that will be sold to a fresh up who happens across it in the showroom... it's back on one of our alignment racks for now.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #8
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Wow... $88k. A bit of an update here -- we got our first Hellcat in the other day. I have a customer calling all the way from Texas begging to buy it for MSRP. I'm going to hold to my $5k over guns for a while, I think.

I'm also keeping it out of the showroom so it doesn't attract needless attention. I don't think this car is one that will be sold to a fresh up who happens across it in the showroom... it's back on one of our alignment racks for now.
Put it out front where it can draw attention... I remember more than once people coming in to see our 1st Viper going home in a new Daytona or Stealth !
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
steve_biegler

I remember when our SRT8 Grand Cherokee came in, turned down an offer from another dealer for window (all the other dealers were 5+ thousand over). 3 weeks later Chrysler included the SRT8 in the rebates. Long story short, I should have taken window!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote