Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default Grady retires

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...ady-will-relax

Retired at 55......
I'll just stop now, my comments could get ugly and I've misplaced my blood pressure meds.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I read that story last night - seemed to be mostly a "puff-piece" by Automotive News that glossed over a lot of the controversy that happened during Grady's rein.

As I've said in other posts, I think Grady was just the mouthpiece for Chrysler's Senior Management. He changed his loyalty like most of us change our shorts - he was willing to support whatever flag happened to be hanging over Auburn Hills. (Daimler, Cerberus, Fiat) Granted, most people in the corporate world do that to survive but Grady took it to a new level.

To be clear, I don't have a personal issue with Grady - I'm not even sure if I've met the man. My opinions are largely shaped on the YouTube video where Grady defends Chrysler's right to enter the retail market in California with the opening of Motor Village of Los Angeles. Grady was lying, he knew he was lying but he continued to babble on because that's what his bosses demanded.

When I get caught up I'll have to see if I can find that video on YouTube...
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
57years

XDCX, you moderate well. I believe SB's opinion is shared by you but you keep your public shares in check. Good job!

I however, feel no need to be so correct. Grady can join the "Rat" in the "minion barrel".
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:00 AM   #4
The StraightShooter

Articles like this is why I refuse to read anything published by Keith Crane.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
XDCX, you moderate well. I believe SB's opinion is shared by you but you keep your public shares in check. Good job!

I however, feel no need to be so correct. Grady can join the "Rat" in the "minion barrel".
Thanks for the comment.

For the most part I still have a lot of respect for the management team that remains at Chrysler. When I think of the executives I hold in low regard; Marchionne, Nardelli, Lasorda, Landry, Press and Grady, all but one of them are gone.

I do try hard to remain objective and I try to disclose my biases when I have them.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The StraightShooter View Post
Articles like this is why I refuse to read anything published by Keith Crane.
Pretty much all I know is the Auto Industry and I often wonder if other industries are as sheltered from criticism.

When I look at Automotive News and the NADA I see both of them as weak organizations who rarely challenge the OEMs when they cross the line.

I guess that's why I still think there's a need for DealershipForum and I've been thinking about putting this project back on the front burner. When DealershipForum was at its highpoint I think our members came here because they wanted to read about issues that were impacting their lives that were not being discussed anywhere else.