Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
dafuzz1956

Default greetings from wisconsin

My name is Bill and I help manage a Chrysler Lincoln Mercury store in Oshkosh WI, home of the biggestair show in the country. I have been in this game almost 24 yrs and I still love it for some crazy reason. I have a great owner and this is the a good place to be in with current econ cond. GREAT SITE
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuzz1956 View Post
My name is Bill and I help manage a Chrysler Lincoln Mercury store in Oshkosh WI, home of the biggestair show in the country. I have been in this game almost 24 yrs and I still love it for some crazy reason. I have a great owner and this is the a good place to be in with current econ cond. GREAT SITE
Bill - Welcome aboard, it's great to have another member at DealershipForum.com

Do I understand that you're a single point Chrysler store - meaning you don't have Dodge or Jeep?

If so, that must mean that you have pressure from both of your manufacturers to consolidate. With Ford's push to merge Lincoln/Mercury with Ford and Chrysler's "Project Genesis" I bet you get to the point where you're tired of talking about consolidation.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
dafuzz1956

They would like it, but we have had Chrysler for over 30 yrs and L/M over 26 yrs. But it is very tough going not having an entry level car to offer.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Welcome Bill - do you have any plans to avoid the hatchet of Project Genesis?
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
dafuzz1956

no plans,but ithink we will survive , grndfather clause you know
Old 10-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
They would like it, but we have had Chrysler for over 30 yrs and L/M over 26 yrs. But it is very tough going not having an entry level car to offer.
Holy smokes. If you can make it with nothing but a single point Chrysler store with Lincoln and Mercury, there's hope for the rest of us.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
dafuzz1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Holy smokes. If you can make it with nothing but a single point Chrysler store with Lincoln and Mercury, there's hope for the rest of us.
The owner of store is a man who does not know the meaning of the word "QUIT" or the phrase "i give up". This is a great attitude coming from the top. he has been in the business for over 50 yrs and he has successfully rode this roller coster. You gotta love that about the man, I know we do.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
The owner of store is a man who does not know the meaning of the word "QUIT" or the phrase "i give up". This is a great attitude coming from the top. he has been in the business for over 50 yrs and he has successfully rode this roller coster. You gotta love that about the man, I know we do.
That's awesome.

There's no question that there was a time where the car business was so good that anyone with a Brand Sign could make a decent living.

Sadly, those days are gone and now it's a battle to determine who will survive. It sounds like your dealer is geared up for the fight.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #9
Miles

Hi everyone. New to the forum as well, just wanted to say hello.

I've been doing F&I for 6 years or so, mostly on the Power Sports side. I made the leap to cars and moved to Marinette, WI in November.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and continuing my education here!
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #10
dafuzz1956

Welcome to the forum, I live a couple of hours south of you in Oshkosh.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
CL Pgh

Hey Miles - X-Man (XDCX) & I were just talk'n about our skis... wishful think'n on some warm weather no doubt. Got any connections to Solas impellers or were you mainly land toys???

CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Hi everyone. New to the forum as well, just wanted to say hello.

I've been doing F&I for 6 years or so, mostly on the Power Sports side. I made the leap to cars and moved to Marinette, WI in November.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and continuing my education here!
Welcome to DealershipForum.com

It's great to have even more representation from Wisconsin. I hope that you're enjoying your new job and please feel free to jump into a topic if you have any questions or comments.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #13
Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post

Hey Miles - X-Man (XDCX) & I were just talk'n about our skis... wishful think'n on some warm weather no doubt. Got any connections to Solas impellers or were you mainly land toys???

I started as a peep in a Kawasaki / Polaris store, moved to Honda / Yamaha where I got my start in F&I, so I know those 4 pretty well. Coming from NC though, no experience with snowmobiles. As far as PWC's go, you can't beat a Yamaha. Kawasaki runs a close second, and 3rd place is so far back from those 2 that I wouldn't advise you even looking at anything else.

No hook ups anymore though, sorry.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. This site is blocked at work (for now) but I'll be working on that little problem.

Heeeeeyyyyyyy, I was going to toast you back....where's the beer smiley?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #14
CL Pgh

My bad on the beer-smiley... and others. Those are from a boat forum I hang around. Some of them just fit the subject, it's a quick copy/paste.

Love my WaveRunner!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #15
Miles

Ahhhhhhhh, I see. No worries, now that I know this forum supports those smileys, I have a spot to copy/paste some really amazing smileys.