Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
ModernDave

Default New from Houston TX

Hello all!

I'm from a aftermarket parts company that also deals in a large number of Mopar Performance and replacement parts! Mainly Dodge but we're looking for some Fiat now as well.

Looking forward to learning some more information here!
ModernDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Welcome to DealershipForum....

The forum's been pretty quiet lately but there are some great people here with a lot of knowledge about running a dealership.

Concerning your operation, do you buy your Mopar Performance parts directly through Chrysler or do you buy them from a dealership? I remember in the old days Chrysler used to have a handful of performance shops that bought their parts directly from Chrysler - it was back in the days when Mopar Performance used to be "Direct Connection."
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
The StraightShooter

Welcome to the Forum
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
ModernDave

Hi!

We buy directly through Chrysler for our Mopar needs. We were hoping to buy Fiat parts this way as well but it looks like we'll have to go through another dealer for them.
ModernDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDave View Post
We were hoping to buy Fiat parts this way as well but it looks like we'll have to go through another dealer for them.
I really wonder how big the market for Fiat parts will be. To the extent 100% of the Fiats will be covered by warranty for the next two to three years it seems like the only opportunity for parts sales will be accessories and crash parts.

On a different note, did you see the thread on JeepsAreUs.com - I'd be curious to hear your opinion if you think the asking price is reasonable and whether you think a business that generates $65K cash flow on $850K sales is worth the effort.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote