Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
USEDandABUSED

Default Any oldco dealers using the Witech equipment?

Like many terminated dealers, I got stuck with ywo lap tops and a scanning pod from Chrysler / Snapon a few weeks before getting terminated.

Snapon won't take any of the equipment back even though it is still in the original boxes.

I will be needing a new scan tool soon, so I called Snapon and was shocked to hear their prices and programs.

$10500.00 for the scanner and $895.00 every 6 months for updates.

At that price, I may as well use the scanner that Chrysler stuck me with.

Is anyone using the Witech system and how is it working out for you?

Thanks
USEDandABUSED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:08 AM   #2
mumblypeg

The WiTech system works on intranet (as opposed to internet). It is a secure feed from Chrysler. So, as we found out quickly, if you're no longer a Chrysler franchise, you won't get the signal.
mumblypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblypeg View Post
The WiTech system works on intranet (as opposed to internet). It is a secure feed from Chrysler. So, as we found out quickly, if you're no longer a Chrysler franchise, you won't get the signal.
mumblypeg - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.com

Also, thanks for the information about the WiTech system.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
USEDandABUSED

I contacted the fine folks at Witech and I was informed that I (a scum of the earth used car dealer) could still use the Witech equipment for a modest fee.

For $20.00, I can look at program for one day or 24 hours, which ever comes first. ??

OR, for $200.00, I can look for one whole month.

From what I was able to see in my 24 hour period, it appears that this is strictly a Chrysler thing and does not have the capability to do any other domestics or foreign models.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
USEDandABUSED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
oldjeep

U&A Talk also to Pitcairn Service mgr. He updated his equipment for 20$ I understand.
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
ljbprrfmof

Oldco dealers can get a lot of the functionality that we enjoyed with TechConnect through techauthority.com. The cost for 24 hours is $20.00, 30 days is $200.00 and 12 months is $1500.00.

I don't think the annual rate is too bad ($125.00 per month) compared to our old technology fees. It is a bit limited as you find from time to time the repair manual refers to a more complete diagnosis file listed in the efile section on dealer connect. At that point you need a buddy at a Newco store to forward it.

Since I am currently only running with one tech, I have only logged in for the 24 hour plan.

Also available are special tools, printed repair manuals, and training at prices that are not that much of a premium over what Newco dealers spend.

I plan to be an annual subscriber once I get back up to full operation speed.
ljbprrfmof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
Oldco dealers can get a lot of the functionality that we enjoyed with TechConnect through techauthority.com. The cost for 24 hours is $20.00, 30 days is $200.00 and 12 months is $1500.00.
Thanks for the information - it's good to see an old thread brought back to life.

It's also great to hear you're forging ahead and keeping your service department despite losing your franchise. I've heard from other dealers that the loss of warranty work makes it hard to bring in retail work and they're forced to cut back their department to the point it's no longer profitable.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
intman55

Is anyone using Starscan on TechAuthority? If so ,how did you enter the E-mail address on the virtual keyboard without the @ symbol? Thanks for any info . We would like be able to use this tool as well.
intman55 is offline   Reply With Quote