Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 05-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #1
TORGY

Default My Price Link!!!!

ok so now that we all have been sent the official... official, hard launch date for My Price Link.

I am contemplating with going to a matrix markup for a specific percentage for all parts across the board as far as the customer pay over the counter and in the service lane. Then set up specific price codes for my wholesale accounts with markups based off from cost rather than a percentage off from retail.

I'm wondering what other dealers a strategizing to do as far as parts price markups, and discounts to collision shops?

TORGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
Deniset

Thankfully, R&R has not completely caved into this just yet, so our system still shows a retail price. When it does, we plan to set trade at cost+25%-40%, and retail at a cost+70%, at least. I think R&R allows us to matrix the factors though. So, I could make it double cost-to-retail pricing on items under $5, for example.

Last edited by Deniset; 06-06-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Deniset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #3
tnpartsguy

we tried to set it up like that on CDK, and it was an utter fail. I have no idea what we are going to do at this point.
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 AM   #4
TORGY

CDK also still has the pricing available.. but when it stops I'm sure its going to be a pain in the @$$!! Totally slowing down most transactions.
Last week I took a 15 line body shop order that was faxed to me and timed myself in looking up the parts and invoicing them on a counter invoice. I first did it using my pricelink to get the current pricing and manually entering every price onto my invoice, and then did the complete process again with just using CDK and invoicing every part on the counter invoice. Using my price link and having to enter the pricing for each part took and additional 8 minutes! Granted I understand that if you have customers who actually us Collision Link that this process should not be so slow. But in the area that I am in and the few collision shops that we actually deal with Collision Link pretty much is non existent with my business.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
TORGY

Well here is what I decided to do and take it for what it's worth. I left my current parts pricing matrix in place and added a line to reflect to calculate the list price if the list price is $0.00.
I looked back at several body shop estimates and have done calculations from GM's cost to what their estimates are showing for a retail price. I came up with about a 66.7% markup. I also took a list of parts #'s and ran them in MY Price Link to see what the retail that was being shown and with a 66.7% we were within cents of what GM is calling retail at this time.
So I have decided to set my escalator in CDK to reflect a 66.7% markup on parts with no retail price.
Doing this will allow me to still sell at a list minus a certain percentage.
This may not work out but I'm going to give it a shot for now.
I'll post more as we get deeper into this new venture.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #6
TORGY

well so far so good on the 66.7% markup. it has been working out fine with parts that have no retail pricing, and my current discounts to my wholesales customers.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
InBloom94

Is there a way to not show the wholesale price on the quote when you print it? I know that's what it's intended to show but sometimes I would like to be able to print a quote for my service department out for their customers without it showing that. Of course I know how to print the regular non mypricelink quotes, but I figured it might be faster than having to manually enter prices sometimes if it's on mypricelink.
InBloom94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:41 AM   #8
TORGY

we don't even use my price link for quotes because we are using a formula in CDK that calculates to almost the exact pricing from My price link.