Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 03-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #1
jayhawk

Default Digital/internet leads

as an industry, why are we paying multiple lead generators thousands a month to list our cars, and the only criteria for getting a "great buy" ranking is to reduce the advertised price so we make virtually no margin?
most of us make nothing on new thanks to trying to hit stairstep targets, and now wer'e doing it to ourselves on used to chase algorithm generated ratings.
cant speak for anyone else, but I don't think we can generate enough f&i income to pay ALL the bills.
am I off track on this??
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:28 AM   #2
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post
as an industry, why are we paying multiple lead generators thousands a month to list our cars, and the only criteria for getting a "great buy" ranking is to reduce the advertised price so we make virtually no margin?
most of us make nothing on new thanks to trying to hit stairstep targets, and now wer'e doing it to ourselves on used to chase algorithm generated ratings.
cant speak for anyone else, but I don't think we can generate enough f&i income to pay ALL the bills.
am I off track on this??
Nope......You are exactly correct! Like the old joke goes......We may lose a little on every car but we will make it up in volume! Didn't work then, won't work now.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote