Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Nissan > Sales

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
They are probably soliciting Nissan advertising money, so lets all sing the praises!
Bingo! I think we have a winner.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
Ralph

Keith Crain and Automotive News are no longer the "voice of the industry", they're the "voice of the manufacturers." I think I've seen that born out over the past few years. In this age of political intimidation, I think the powers that be have also gotten to the ink-stained press rooms of the AN. Where once the manufacturers feared getting a bad story in the press now they simply strong arm the press into saying and believing the BS they wish to have written. And journalism these days being the way it is, they swallow anything and everything put on a hook. Just an opinion.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Keith Crain and Automotive News are no longer the "voice of the industry", they're the "voice of the manufacturers."
I agree. In fact, I think you can include the NADA in that category too.

Concerning Chrysler and Automotive News, I think part of the problem regarding critical journalism can be attributed to the "fanboy" dealers who parrot everything Auburn Hills says. It's hard for a reporter to be critical of a $55K showroom package when a National Dealer Council member touts the package as adding value to his franchise.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Toyota was in the House....

I was checking IP Addresses this morning and noticed there was someone from Toyota's Torrence office reading this thread.

Too bad they couldn't add their comments - from what I've heard most Toyota employees and dealers have lost respect for Jim Press.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #20
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I was checking IP Addresses this morning and noticed there was someone from Toyota's Torrence office reading this thread.

Too bad they couldn't add their comments - from what I've heard most Toyota employees and dealers have lost respect for Jim Press.
To quote a great american......Gomer Pyle........Suprise, Suprise, Surprise!!!!!!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #21
possum

Update..........

Roger Clemens has been indicted for "misleading", and perjury before Congress. Several Senators were quoated today saying that "anyone who misleads, or gives incorrect testimony to Congress must be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law". He is looking at probably 21 months in prison if convicted.

Where is Mr. Press, Mr. Henderson, or even the members of the Auto Task Force these days?
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #22
Ralph

Oh, the law only applies to whomever the government deems evil. Hell, Press, Henderson and the task force won! They helped the government. They did their duty in paving the way towards a successful "fundamental change" of corporate law in this country.

Before those guys spoke, we had that silly archaic system where people who invested in companies, people who owned franchises, people who put their blood sweat and tears into their own property, had rights. Whew...glad that old system is gone, huh? That system of laws was just as outdated as that other old rag printed on hemp paper that spells out the limits of government. That "Old English" written, mumbley, hard to read Constitution went down the toilet along with the concept of personal rights.

Press is a God in the new America now. He championed the new style of leader, say whatever sounds good to whoever is listening. The ends justify the means. Do and say whatever it takes to accomplish your goals. The rule of law now bends to accept some crimes and then bends back around to denounce others. What we needed was a system where the law changes to allow some things that...are simply "best for us, the minions." Luckily we have elected thousands of "good people" who are working day and night, (usually on phony jaunts on airplanes using our tax dollars) to ensure this new way forward continues.

Without Press, Henderson, the Task Force and the majority in government...hell...where would the UAW, SEIU, and the other unions be? Think of all those unfunded benefits they deserve. Have a heart, please Possum! Without Press and his cronies some of us wouldn't have had the honor of giving up our livelihoods, our futures, employees and assets to pass on to our kids. many of us would still be evil business owners stealing the wealth from the masses, hoarding it for our own demented whims. And the poor union bosses would possibly be reduced to vacations in the car rather than on planes, they'd be forced to eat pasta and sauce rather than the caviar and prime rib they've grown used to, they'd have to work for a frigg'n living rather than sit in their Ivory Towers they deserve.

(For those new to my rants, I'm being quite facetious)
Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #23
chryslersrt8

when I was interviewed by Fox Business News right after the Sigtarp findings, I asked the judge what about all who testified under oath and now have been proven to be liars. The judge said there would have been raminfications if those who testified were in from of the House or Senate and their own committees. Since the decisions to close were made by the testimony to an appointed group not made up of House and Senate members there is no going back. How ridiculous! Here the US is up in arms because a baseball player may or may nor have lied about using a drug and no one cares of the thousands of jobs lost because of lies made and created.

Isn't it amazing who you can lie to and get away with it?
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #24
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Isakson View Post
Here the US is up in arms because a baseball player may or may nor have lied about using a drug and no one cares of the thousands of jobs lost because of lies made and created.

Isn't it amazing who you can lie to and get away with it?
It's not just amazing, it's depressing.

The foundation for cutting dealers was the concept that having too many dealers cost GM and Chrysler money. It was a lie, everyone knew it was a lie and now over a year later no one cares.

Quote:
Oh, the law only applies to whomever the government deems evil. Hell, Press, Henderson and the task force won!
Although dripping with sarcasm, Ralph's got it 100% correct. The political process that was running this show has no use for the truth, they're just counting down the days until GM completes their IPO so they can tell the tax payers (voters) how smart they were.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #25
Ralph

Sorry X, I have too much time to think running this cash register.

News Flash:
Dateline: Portsmouth NH,

"Important Auto Dealer hits the phone booth and comes out unimportant store clerk. News Crew is on route to the scene of the crash. Fully story at 11:00."
Old 08-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #26
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
"Important Auto Dealer hits the phone booth and comes out unimportant store clerk. News Crew is on route to the scene of the crash. Fully story at 11:00."
I hope this quote is dripping with sarcasm too.

If you ever find yourself in a moment of self-doubt, just ask yourself where you and your former employees would be today if you had a Ford franchise instead of Chrysler. For that matter, almost any other franchise would have given you a better chance for survival than Chrysler.

America's been faced with the worst recession since the Great Depression and the Chrysler dealers are faced with a management team that's focused on "hibernation" and keeping the plants open by building rental cars.

As a final thought, if you ever get lonely for Chrysler and Auburn Hills just read the classifieds in Automotive News - there are multiple stores available.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #27
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I hope this quote is dripping with sarcasm too.

If you ever find yourself in a moment of self-doubt, just ask yourself where you and your former employees would be today if you had a Ford franchise instead of Chrysler. For that matter, almost any other franchise would have given you a better chance for survival than Chrysler.

America's been faced with the worst recession since the Great Depression and the Chrysler dealers are faced with a management team that's focused on "hibernation" and keeping the plants open by building rental cars.

As a final thought, if you ever get lonely for Chrysler and Auburn Hills just read the classifieds in Automotive News - there are multiple stores available.
How much are they paying to take them? [more sarcasm]
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #28
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
How much are they paying to take them? [more sarcasm]
If you're referring to the Chrysler franchises there's a broker advertising CJD store in a newer facility that's for sale below cost - almost like negative Blue Sky.

In fairness, I'm sure the pricing is more reflective of the poor commercial real estate market than it is for the value of a Chrysler franchise.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #29
Ralph

When I was shopping my place over the last few years with a dealership broker...I was told zero for the franchise, almost zero for the facility and only current market on the land. And I had a conforming facility with the dopey arch and all.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #30
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
And I had a conforming facility with the dopey arch and all.
But Auburn Hills loves the dopey arch.....

Their research shows that between the dopey arch and the $55K showroom package the customers are so impressed with the dealer's facility they forget to negotiate.