Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business This is the place where it happens

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Rod Barajas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Talking Real Nut Jobs of the OC

This is a true story...

Only the dealership and peoples names have been changed to protect the innocent...

It was a pretty uneventful day at Southern California BMW...Until Mr. Doe came in...Mr. Doe bought a Certified PreOwned BMW X3 in November...He just informed the Client Advisor that he wanted out of his X3 no matter what it cost him...The Client Advisor asked him why...He would not answer...Was there something wrong with the car...No he said...Just tell me how to get out of my car...Fine let me have the keys so I can get an appraisal for you Mr. Doe...Fine...I'm not joking...Here is what the Client Advisor found inside...









Ummm...Okay...Uh Mr. Doe the vehicle has only been driven a few hundred miles and appears to be in good condition...But...Ummm...Well what's with the plastic wrap? He then proceeds to inform the Client Advisor that he did research and determined that his X3 although produced with parts from the German Republic...Was assembled in...SOUTH AFRICA! Ummmm...Okay sir...Soooooooo...This means what? Well he then tells the Client Advisor that South Africa is an AIDS infested country and he wanted to be out of the vehicle no matter what it cost...He wrapped the surfaces he was in contact with to avoid becoming infected with AIDS.

Needless to say he was WAY NEGATIVE on the vehicle...And he paid the dealership in question almost 10K just to trade the vehicle in.

Okay guys...Beat that story!

Last edited by Rod Barajas; 01-29-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default This is going to be a great thread....

That's a classic.

It's hard to believe that anyone that could afford a BMW would be so mis-informed about AIDS.

That's a great story - it will be interesting to see who can beat it.....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Default Is there a deduct in the Blue Book for ........

I was just thinking about the guy that was doing the appraisal - I wonder what was going through is head when he was checking the car out?

And how do you Book a car that the customer thinks has an interior that can transmit AIDS? Is there a Deduct for that?

You've got to love Southern California.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
Rod Barajas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I was just thinking about the guy that was doing the appraisal - I wonder what was going through is head when he was checking the car out?

And how do you Book a car that the customer thinks has an interior that can transmit AIDS? Is there a Deduct for that?

You've got to love Southern California.
I guess thats why he was 10K south of break even...They must have applied the HIV Deduct
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
Guy Fawkes
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Good God what a freak that guy must have been!
Guy Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Rod Barajas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Exclamation Quick Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
Good God what a freak that guy must have been!
The dealership in the above story already has a buyer for the vehicle

Can you believe it?
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
CadillaCricket
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Barajas View Post
The dealership in the above story already has a buyer for the vehicle

Can you believe it?
So is it somebody with an aids fetish?

Seriously though, when the new buyer inevitably asks "why did he trade it in?" What do you tell them?

Crazy story... Here's one that tops it...

Local dealer I was washing cars for when I was 16... He was a used buy here pay here lot.. He had to go to illinois to repo a car that a guy quit paying on.. When he brought it back the trunk was full of fetish porn (like foot fetish and pregnant girl fetish and puke fetish crap) and to top it all off there were a few monstrous dildo's under the spare tire wrapped up in a silk sheet with lube and a pair of gloves... All of it appeared (from five feet away) to be covered in long black pubic hairs and poop...)

The guy was a midget...

You top that and I got another... The old car guys around here are nasty bastards though, so I warn you the moderator might need to step in and cut me off if I get too graphic...
CadillaCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
Rod Barajas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillaCricket View Post
So is it somebody with an aids fetish?

Seriously though, when the new buyer inevitably asks "why did he trade it in?" What do you tell them?

Crazy story... Here's one that tops it...

Local dealer I was washing cars for when I was 16... He was a used buy here pay here lot.. He had to go to illinois to repo a car that a guy quit paying on.. When he brought it back the trunk was full of fetish porn (like foot fetish and pregnant girl fetish and puke fetish crap) and to top it all off there were a few monstrous dildo's under the spare tire wrapped up in a silk sheet with lube and a pair of gloves... All of it appeared (from five feet away) to be covered in long black pubic hairs and poop...)

The guy was a midget...

You top that and I got another... The old car guys around here are nasty bastards though, so I warn you the moderator might need to step in and cut me off if I get too graphic...
Wow...That's quite the image...
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
Rod Barajas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Default

Bump...Bump...Bump...Bump
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #10
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,861
Smile $25 Starbucks Gift Card for first post with a Picture

This has been one of the most heavily viewed threads on DealershipForum.com and yet we still don't have a post with a picture that makes an effort to top it.

So here's the offer - Be the first person to respond to this thread with a picture and a story and we'll send you a $25 Starbucks Gift Card - it's that easy.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
84% of workforce looking for new jobs? 79LilRedExpress Automotive Discussions 1 12-29-2010 11:32 AM
Property Taxes and Commercial Real Estate Values XDCX Automotive Discussions 4 07-16-2010 04:36 PM
Real Or Rumor? ssdd Sales 3 03-07-2009 11:16 AM
GM to cut 10,000 White Collar Jobs and reduce pay XDCX Sales 0 02-10-2009 10:59 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright DealershipForum.com - 2008 - 2016