Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
ssdd

Default Floor plan

I have got to get another floor plan source than CFC. I need Ideas. who out there is floored with some one else? who would be my best option at this time in these conditions?
Thanks in advance!
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I hope that you get some good responses - it's a question that I'm sure a lot of Chrysler Dealers are thinking about right now.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
Slo

Our dealership is floored through a local bank. I don't know if any of the banks in your area have floor plan loans, but it might be worth checking into.
Slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo View Post
Our dealership is floored through a local bank. I don't know if any of the banks in your area have floor plan loans, but it might be worth checking into.
Slo - Welcome to DealershipForum.com - thanks for the post.

The store that I was at used a local bank as their flooring source and it seemed to be a good relationship.

The one nice thing about working with a smaller bank is that they can take a closer look at the Dealership's Balance Sheet to determine the viability of a Dealership. Some of the larger flooring sources seem too rigid and won't look past the numbers to determine the success of a dealership.

Ironically, it wasn't too long ago that dealers were getting solicited to switch flooring sources - the banks were actually looking for the business. With the tight credit markets I don't get the impression that the banks are knocking on doors looking for new accounts.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:49 AM   #5
ssdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Slo - Welcome to DealershipForum.com - thanks for the post.

The store that I was at used a local bank as their flooring source and it seemed to be a good relationship.

The one nice thing about working with a smaller bank is that they can take a closer look at the Dealership's Balance Sheet to determine the viability of a Dealership. Some of the larger flooring sources seem too rigid and won't look past the numbers to determine the success of a dealership.

Ironically, it wasn't too long ago that dealers were getting solicited to switch flooring sources - the banks were actually looking for the business. With the tight credit markets I don't get the impression that the banks are knocking on doors looking for new accounts.
Yeah this is kind of what I expect, nobody will touch us with a ten foot pole until things get better...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
Yeah this is kind of what I expect, nobody will touch us with a ten foot pole until things get better...
I thought of this thread the other day.

I was reading a story on the Internet where a GM dealer was trying to dump GMAC and secure a $10 Million floorline with a new lender.

After an extensive search he found a bank that was willing to open a new floorline but they wanted him to put $2.5 Million in a security account. The dealer told the reporter that a year ago he had reps knocking on his door soliciting his floorline and now the best deal he can find requires a 25% security deposit.

I've tried to find the link to the story but haven't been able to find it.

Conclusion - I think you're stuck with CFC.