Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default 2013 Dodge Dart spotted in Lake Havasu, AZ

I've been hanging out in Lake Havasu for a couple of days and I was surprised when I saw a 2013 Dodge Dart driving through town. I was on a walk at the time and didn't have a chance to get a picture before the Dart was out of sight.

The Dart was running on Michigan Manufacturer Plates and I'm guessing it was being tested by one of the Chrysler employees who works at the Yucca Proving Grounds nearby. The temperature in Havasu was 109 yesterday - so they've definitely found the right place to do some Hot Weather testing.

I haven't kept up with the Dart launch - how long before the first Darts start arriving at the dealerships?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
conn02

arrived last week in the Southwest Business Center, did a driveaway on thursday from Texas Motor Speedway. As far as ordered units, they will probably be next month
conn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conn02 View Post
arrived last week in the Southwest Business Center, did a driveaway on thursday from Texas Motor Speedway. As far as ordered units, they will probably be next month
Thanks for the update...
Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default The reason I keep going to Havasu.....

I was going through all of the pictures I took during my recent Road Trip and thought I'd add one to this thread.

This is the reason I keep going to Havasu....

Sunshine, warm weather and smooth water - it doesn't get much better than that.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Default I haven't seen a Dodge Dart on the streets since....

When I was checking out Lake Havasu this weekend I drove by the spot where I spotted one of the pre-production Dodge Darts when I was there in June. After a moment, it struck me that I haven't seen a Dodge Dart on the street since.

Granted, the Dart has only been out for a couple of months and I have seen them at dealerships, but I still think it's somewhat odd that I haven't seen a retailed Dart yet.

Is it just me or is it still pretty uncommon to see a 2013 Dodge Dart driving down the street?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
lsx only

awesome pic would be a blast if u had a fountain type boat to play around with!!!!!
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx only View Post
awesome pic would be a blast if u had a fountain type boat to play around with!!!!!
I agree - that would be a great way to spend a weekend.

There are a lot of high-dollar performance boats that come from Southern California and run up and down the river on Lake Havasu. In fact, the boats are so common that several gas stations in the city have 105 Octane Race Fuel available at the pump.

Here's a picture from a "Shoot-out" event they hold each year:

Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Granted, the Dart has only been out for a couple of months and I have seen them at dealerships, but I still think it's somewhat odd that I haven't seen a retailed Dart yet.
I thought of this post when I finally saw my first retail Dart on the road on Sunday.

I've always liked the styling of the Dart and I still do. That said, it's funny how the car just blends in with all of the other cars once it's been sold and it's driving on the streets. I had to do a "double-take" to make sure it was really a Dart and not some similar car.

That's not meant to be a slam against Chrysler. I think with all of the Federal safety requirements and the need to make cars as aerodynamic as possible there's not too much the designers can do to make their cars distinctive.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
57years

There is a lot designers can do to make their cars destinctive. The bean counters rule, so...design takes the back seat to everything else! There is no "fight" left in the design studio. They all have succumbed to the"bottom line." After all, the bottom line comes out of the boardroom.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
chryslersrt8

Default Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
There is a lot designers can do to make their cars destinctive. The bean counters rule, so...design takes the back seat to everything else! There is no "fight" left in the design studio. They all have succumbed to the"bottom line." After all, the bottom line comes out of the boardroom.
Agree! Just look at the 300 or the tail lights on the Charger/Dart if you want to see distinctive. The computer's design the body based on drag but a human stylist is what makes the difference between makes/model.
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryslersrt8 View Post
agree! Just look at the 300 or the tail lights on the charger/dart if you want to see distinctive.
yep... And then the bean-counters make the lights a $225 option when they could have been standard equipment on the dart

Last edited by XDCX; 10-10-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tag to make post easier to read
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
lsx only

saw the dart at talladega this weekend looked good!!!
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
elmdodge

Default Have not see a dart on the street

None in south jersey except dealers lots , How will Sergio spin this ?
elmdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx only View Post
saw the dart at talladega this weekend looked good!!!
Did you go to the race or were you watching it on TV?

I didn't watch the race on TV but it would be interesting to see if Dodge is doing much advertising with NASCAR given their decision to pull out of the series.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmdodge View Post
None in south jersey except dealers lots , How will Sergio spin this ?
I think Sergio's so busy trying to "spin" his way out of the mess he's created in Europe that he'll be too busy to worry about the Dart.