Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
possum

Default NFL Draft

I'm surprised there have been no opinions regarding the NFL Draft.

I know we have some experts on here.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

My Bears didn't have a first round pick, so no opinions there.

I do think the Tim Tebow pick by the Broncos will not pay off. They have more pressing needs than QB.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

possum - Thanks for starting the thread - the forum's been pretty quiet lately. (I've been in a bit of an anti-Chrysler funk because of the way they've been treating the rejected dealers in arbitration and I've cut back on my posting.)

Concerning the draft, I've only been following the highlights but will do a deeper dive when I get caught up tonight. I follow the Seahawks and I'm a HUGE fan of Pete Carroll so I'm hoping the draft goes well for the Seahawks.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Needhelp

Quote:
(I've been in a bit of an anti-Chrysler funk because of the way they've been treating the rejected dealers in arbitration and I've cut back on my posting.)
XDCX,- I have the same funk. I've had it all week, do you suppose it is viral? I lurk in the forum from time to time, but don't care enough or even have enough energy to respond.
Needhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needhelp View Post
XDCX,- I have the same funk. I've had it all week, do you suppose it is viral? I lurk in the forum from time to time, but don't care enough or even have enough energy to respond.
I think it may be viral. I find myself conflicted, I know there are dealers here who have their life savings invested in their stores and they need Chrysler to succeed. For their sake, I want Chrysler to survive and prosper.

Then I read the e-mail from Tammy Darvish indicating Chrysler has NEWCO dealers testifying against OLDCO dealers in arbitration and I'm disgusted. If there's anything to Karma, then Chrysler as a company and those dealers as individuals should face significant misfortune in their collective futures.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
The StraightShooter

The Steelers got a center that reminds me of John Koffee from the Green Mile. Although they seem to be on a nostalgic kick lately with Randel El, McFadden, and Leftwich. I don't know who had a bigger losing year me or Big Ben.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
possum

I think the Cowboys had a really good draft. There were not a lot of picks, but they got some good ones. The LB from Penn State is supposed to be a good future type guy. We don't know much about Penn State here.

And "Needhelp" is right, this last year has caught up with me, and now I'm just tired, worn out from it.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
dodgequality

Penn State is known as Linebacker U.
dodgequality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Default Grading of the NFL Draft Results

Here's a report I liked that issued a letter grade to each NFL Team based on their performance in the draft - click here

I'll admit the main reason I liked the report is they gave Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks an A+.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Two UW Huskies selected in the NFL Draft

After having ZERO players selected in the last two NFL drafts it was nice to see the UW Huskies have two players selected this year.

In the 2007-2008 season the Huskies lost all of their games and finished 0 - 12. It's nice to see another sign that the darkest days of Husky Football are fading into history.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #11
possum

Remember when the Seahawks had high hopes for Rick Mirer, and Brian Bozworth? Actually, Boz wasn't all that bad.

Anyway, just kidding, by ALL reports they just had a monster draft, and free agency. They will be much better!

Last edited by possum; 04-27-2010 at 05:13 AM.