Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Forum Operations > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Check here for Announcements from the DealershipForum.com Webmaster

Old 09-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default And he's back.......

I've been busy helping my parents get ready to sell their home in Seattle and become full-time Arizona residents and I haven't had much time for the forum lately. (This is the first time I've logged on in over a week.)

I have about 100 fake accounts that need to be deleted (SPAM Accounts from overseas) and once I get that done I should have some time to respond to the existing threads and add some new content.

Thanks to those who added new posts/threads in my absence and I hope everyone has a great week.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I have about 100 fake accounts that need to be deleted (SPAM Accounts from overseas) and once I get that done I should have some time to respond to the existing threads and add some new content.
Well it turned out there were over 300 fake accounts created while I was taking some time off.

The good news is I discovered a "purge" feature that allowed me to easily identify the fake accounts and remove them from the system.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Default And he's back..... Again.....

Sorry for being away from the forum but I had a vision issue which made it difficult to spend much time on the Internet.

I was doing some sanding on the window sills at my parent's house with a palm sander and I must have got some dust trapped between my eye and my contact lens in my right eye. Like an idiot I didn't really worry about it until it was time to take my contacts out before bed and I noticed my right eye was pretty red.

Long story short - I haven't worn a contact in my right eye for the last six days and since I'm right eye dominant it made it very difficult to read a computer screen. The good news is my right eye is better, I'm wearing contacts in both eyes and I can actually see again.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
mr4t60e

Good to have you back XDCX! Wear safety glasses next time
mr4t60e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4t60e View Post
Wear safety glasses next time
One of the main reasons I share my "misfortunes" publicly is that I hope they might serve as teaching opportunities for anyone who reads the post and has children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc.

I will wear safety glasses next time and I should have been smart enough to wear them last time too.

Last edited by XDCX; 11-06-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Correct minor typo - change "past" to "post"
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
mr4t60e

I can't say much here. I work in a brewery and managed to get some nasty chemical in my eye. after 3 hours with an IV drip in my eye, I found out I had pretty bad chemical burns that took a while to heal. Never again.
mr4t60e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4t60e View Post
I can't say much here. I work in a brewery and managed to get some nasty chemical in my eye. after 3 hours with an IV drip in my eye, I found out I had pretty bad chemical burns that took a while to heal. Never again.
Sorry to hear about the injury to your eye - glad to hear it finally healed.

I was surprised how much my productivity dropped because I wasn't wearing a contact lens in my dominant eye. Almost everything I tried to do was either harder or took longer.

On the flip-side, not wearing a contact in my right eye for a week really alerted me to how much better my near-field vision is when I'm not wearing contacts. This was never a problem when I was younger but it's something I've noticed over the past year or two.

I might try mono-vision and wear a contact lens that promotes far vision in my right eye and a different contact lens that promotes near vision in my left eye. I got a sample (left eye) lens from my Eye Doctor on my last visit but I never tested it out to see if I'd like it.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Default And he's back..... Again II.....

I think it's been about a month since I've last spent any meaningful time with the forum - that's got to be a record.

Nothing bad has happened; I'm still alive, I wasn't in the hospital or jail, I just needed a bit of a break. I was also somewhat time constrained since I had a fair portion of my day consumed with family obligations.

I'm beginning a road trip from Phoenix to Seattle and once I make it to Seattle I should be able to get caught up and respond to my Private Messages and add some content to the forum.

Thanks to all of our members who added content to the forum in my absence - I'm looking forward to reading those threads and adding my thoughts once I make it back to Seattle.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #9
steve_biegler

We thought the witness protection program had kicked in!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote