Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Finance

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
birch3x

Default XPS Service Contract Program

Okay, F&I pros, has anyone got an opinion on the just-announced new for 2012 XPS rules? Looks like it might be a tad bit difficult to acheive...but maybe I'm not seeing it right.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I used to know that program like the back of my hand but I haven't kept up on the changes over the past couple of years.

In the past I know the biggest issue for most dealers was increasing the penetration level to achieve the maximum payout. To the extent CSC only used NVDRs to track penetration the XPS program was easier for dealers who had large used car operations.

As before, it's been awhile since I've studied the XPS rules but it used to be that you were credited with a CSC sale for each CPOV vehicle you sold and if your Finance Manager sold a Wrap Plan that counted as a second sale - that's two CSC contracts without an off-setting NVDR.

Hopefully CSC hasn't made the XPS program too difficult for 2012 - it used to be a really good program.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
birch3x

Well, first quarter is over and it's an unreachable goal. And no dollars spent on 3/3's, CPOV certicication, or LOF contracts count anymore.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
Well, first quarter is over and it's an unreachable goal. And no dollars spent on 3/3's, CPOV certicication, or LOF contracts count anymore.
That's too bad. I hate it when an OEM messes up a program that used to be really successful.

I knew a lot of dealers who made great money on Chrysler's XPS program and the program encouraged them to look into CPOV and the 3/3 Used Car Warranty Program - it was a "win-win" for both CSC and the dealer.

I'm not even sure who's running Chrysler Service Contracts anymore. The last I heard was the former Director was heading to Europe to set up a program similar to Essential Care for the European dealers.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote