Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Doug Moreland sells seven Arizona Dealerships to Larry Miller Group

News reports indicate that Doug Moreland and John Grant have sold seven Arizona Dealerships to the Larry Miller Group. Here's a link to the report - click here

Here's a listing of the dealerships that were sold:
  • Avondale Dodge
  • Avondale Chrysler/Jeep
  • Avondale Fiat
  • Tucson Ram/Dodge
  • Tucson Chrysler/Jeep
  • Tucson Fiat
  • Tucson Volkswagen
While I'm not certain, I believe the Chrysler Group stores operated with six different dealer codes. It will be interesting to see if Auburn Hills uses this buy/sell to consolidate dealer codes in an effort to make more progress toward Project Genesis. (My guess is the CJDR locations will be consolidated but Fiat will remain separate.)

While I've never met Doug Moreland I have HUGE respect for his ability to run his stores and his timing concerning buy/sells. Moreland sold his Colorado CJDR stores to Lithia at the height of the market and then bought them back when CJDR stores had zero Blue Sky value.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Larry Miller will continue to be closed on Sunday in Tucson

When I was reading the report I linked in the first post I was surprised to learn that the new car dealers in Tucson have a long-standing tradition of being closed on Sunday. The Larry Miller group indicated they would continue this tradition in the Tucson stores they purchased.

The only new car stores that are open in Tucson on Sundays currently are owned by AutoNation - BMW Tucson and Dobbs Honda.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote