Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 01-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
AR2

Post Goodbye Chrysler, Hello FCA US LLC

I'm sure others are aware of the changes happening in the auto industry, but I thought I would post it anyway. I would have done it sooner, but with the cheer and joy of the holidays, I thought I would wait.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...lled/20483229/

It surprised me when I first learned about it, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized Sergio is just putting the finishing touches on his new car company, FCA. Out of the ashes of the failed Chrysler Corp. comes FCA US LLC. This is also being done in correspondence with Fiat being renamed FCA Italy SPA, so in reality, Sergio has just created his US and Italian offices. However, they are all FCA employees looking up at him and his team in the home office in London England. No longer will there be the Chrysler Group vs. Fiat arguments being thrown about because it is now moot. They are all FCA employees now. FCA US LLC is to be used for all media communication and reporting. I guess sales figures will be reported as FCA US LLC as well.

I also saw that they killed the pentastar in November. I guess it really doesn't matter, but I understand that the pentastar has been removed from corporate memos, business, and other stationaries. I guess it should since the company the pentastar represented is gone.
http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...logo/19375595/

I'm not even bothered by this news anymore. It kind of closes the loop for me. Chrysler Corp. (or Group) is gone, finished. It has been put out of its misery.

I know this won't be a popular request on this website, but I think the forum heading should be changed from Chrysler to FCA. Not only will it address the true name of the company, but it will also avoid confusion with the brand nameplate.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
mryan55

Officially burying the Chrysler Corporation --> DaimlerChrysler --> Chrysler Group LLC progression is all for the better. As we have witnessed with sales reporting, press releases, and memos... the name change is all but official.

There still some odds and ends, mostly on DealerConnect, where "Chrysler Corporation" and "DaimlerChrysler Motors Co LLC" pop up, but these are the exception, not the rule... and the Pentastar is pretty much gone.

Just another era, although unlike the 6th/7th years of the DCX era, when gems like the Caliber were being introduced, things actually seem good this time around.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:17 AM   #3
TNtech

There's still a C in there.....

From reading some of their articles on Dealerconnect, these guys are more out of touch than the Germans were.
TNtech is offline   Reply With Quote