Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Northwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Office Manager at Lithia's CJDR store in Billings, MT accused of embezzlement

News reports indicate that the Office Manager from Lithia Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram of Billings, MT has been charged with embezzling $288,000 over a 10 year period. The Office Manager has denied federal charges that she embezzled funds from the dealership.

For a link to the full report - click here

While we've had a lot of threads about employee embezzlement on the forum the reason this one caught my attention is because it allegedly happened at a store that was owned by a publically traded dealer group. My assumption is the larger dealer groups would be much more likely to have policies in place that would make embezzlement almost impossible. Maybe that's a false assumption on my part.

I also thought it was interesting that the case involves federal charges - I wonder if that's always the case or whether there is something different about this case that warrants attention from the feds?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote