Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #31
BCCParts

That is one way to look at that. We don't seem to hit our goals continuously. Taking that into account would offset some of the concerns I have. I will look into that to see if meeting those numbers would in fact provide better than what we are in fact doing now. Thanks for that thought!!!
BCCParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:25 PM   #32
pAARtsmanager

Quick question...
Does GM have a warranty part disposition report hidden somewhere in their system? We're currently going through a mess of warranty parts that were let go for far too long before I was hired. Ford and Chrysler both have warranty claim reports that we can print out that will state whether a part is to be scrapped, requested for warranty return, held for a core, etc. Just wondering if GM has the same type of thing. I wasn't able to find out from my GM rep.
pAARtsmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:00 PM   #33
TORGY

yes...and no.
TORGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #34
TORGY

I had someone at the GM WPC show me how to create a custom report. Its a pain in the rear the first few time that you do it but it is possible. its not easy to explain but I will do my best to go through the steps. We are also a Hyundai dealer and they send us a warranty scrap report bimonthly so we know what has been paid and can be scrapped. You sure wouldn't think it would be too difficult to do for us dealers.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #35
TORGY

it may be easier for me to explain over the phone but I'll give it a shot on here. I'll probably just confuse the hell out of you. now this will just be a warranty parts scrapping report that you are building.

first go in global warranty management in Global connect
under the analyze warranty click on search transaction
then click on the advanced search tab
from the drop down box select transactions accepted
the right you will see a tab that says select custom, click on that tab
then put in the dates that you wish to look at (I look every Monday and look at a weeks time back at least 16 days)
now scroll down the page until you see an O parts and click on the O
then just below that you will see a box that says greater than...type in a 1 there
now scroll to the bottom and select search.
your next scree will show your search is in pending status, give it a minute and select the refresh tab.
now your status should show completed
now click on the actual word completed
this will populate an excel type form
from here click on the "download/export to excel" box about the Job code date column
this will bring you back a screen
click on the word completed again and now you will be able to open in excel
once you open it in excel form you can eliminate several columns that will make absolutely no sense to you.
I only keep the work order column, the part number column, and description columns
so columns G S DH-DJ is usually all that I keep
now I click on the G at the top of that column and click on the sort A-Z this will put you RO's in numerical order.
now you can print this report.

feel free to email me if you need help your first few times, which you probably will if you decide to try this.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #36
pAARtsmanager

Got it, on the first try even! I suppose fumbling my way through Global Warranty to do a warranty parts request a couple of weeks ago helped a little. This will be a huge help to get our warranty shelves cleaned up. Thank you Torgy!!!!

Some of the best help and advise I've gotten so far has come from this forum. Thank you to everybody!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #37
TORGY

Glad you got it! Always willing to help if when I can.

I do it every Monday and my warranty bins stay pretty clean. What I like about doing it on a weekly basis is that if you start seeing something sitting in one of your totes you can drill down into why it isn't paid, sometimes I fined parts that a tech brought back as warranty and it wasn't a warranty repair, or it was an extended warranty repair, most often I find that it wasn't submitted with the correct labor ops... but those should be caught by your warranty clerk before they get too old. That is if you have a designated warranty clerk.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #38
pAARtsmanager

Yeah, I think the warranty parts had been let go for about 6 months or more here. With 4 lines of core and warranty parts to hold onto those shelves fill up pretty quickly. Weekly checks are going to be the new standard going forward.