Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Sales

Notices

Old 01-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Bob Lutz is my hero....

Although I still consider myself to be a "Chrysler Guy" at heart, I must admit that I'm really happy that the GM dealers finially have some decent products to sell. The new Malibu looks great. In fact, it seems like all of your new product has a clean/modern look to it with vastly improved interiors.

When Lutz was at Chrysler, the Corporation and the Dealers were making tons of money. The product quality may not have been 100%, but the products looked good and people wanted to own them. Compare that to today - Chrysler's quality has improved but the cars/trucks look horrible.

It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when Chrysler was rolling out hit after hit and the GM was trying to sell Pontiac Azteks that no one wanted to buy. Man, how times have changed.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
little_bank_robber

Default Amen to that!

Amen to that one brother!
little_bank_robber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

It's amazing to me how much influence one man can have over a company's success. Bob Lutz is a gifted "car guy" - he's worth his weight in gold.

I read a recap of the Detroit Auto Show that indicated that GM "stole the show" with their innovative products and concept cars. Chrysler, by contrast, was ridiculed for having a boring product line and three concept cars that were nothing but a waste of design resources.

When Lutz was with Chrysler, Chrysler was hot. Now he's with GM and GM has all the momentum. It will be interesting to see what the future brings.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
bluechevrolet

Default Malibu

The new 2008 Malibu is a HOT car! We are selling them like hot cakes!

This is the affordable luxury car to own. GM has done something great!
bluechevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Mollechevrolet - welcome to DealershipForum and thanks for the post.

I'm really happy for the GM dealers - they have had to suffer with some pretty average vehicles for a long time. The line-up that you have now is so much better - it must be fun to sell a car based on its value instead of piling on huge rebates.

Based on the responses from the Detroit Auto Show, it sounds like you have more great products in the pipeline.

Thanks again for the post and have a great week.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Global Warming - "A total crock of .......

If you think your job is tough, how would you like to be the guy/gal at GM that tries to soften the words of Bob Lutz?

Mr. Lutz created a firestorm when he indicated that Global Warming is a "total crock of ****." The GM press corp has been in turbo-mode ever since trying to reposition those words.

Mr. Lutz, to his credit, has not backed away from his words. He indicated that's his opinion and it doesn't affect the way that General Motors responds to the public's concern about the environment.

I've always like Bob Lutz - I like him and respect him even more now. It's so rare for an executive to take an unpopular stand and not waver.

It's a fact that Chrysler's brightest and most profitable days were when Lutz was running the company. Chrysler has been in a tailspin ever since he left.

Lutz is still my Hero. In fact, I often wonder where Chrysler would be today if Iacocca wouldn't have blocked Lutz's promotion to CEO?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
Rod Barajas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollechevrolet View Post
The new 2008 Malibu is a HOT car! We are selling them like hot cakes!

This is the affordable luxury car to own. GM has done something great!
What make and model is the Malibu's biggest competition in your opinion.
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
bluechevrolet

I'm going to say the Cadillac CTS. The Malibu has a Cadillac motor under the hood.

The new design is a lot like the CTS.
bluechevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote