Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Ford > Sales

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Concord Lincoln closing their doors after 23 years

News reports indicate that Concord, New Hampshire's only Lincoln Dealership will be closing their doors after being in business for 23 years. For the full report - click here

The report linked above is well written and I think the sentiments expressed by the Dealer Principal are ones that any stand-alone Lincoln Dealer would be able to relate to. Essentially the message is the Dealership was able to hang on because of their loyal customers and employees but reached a point where the store was no longer viable because they didn't have any inexpensive new cars to offer to potential customers.

With a certain sense of irony, the Dealer Principal indicated the decision to close the store was hastened by the fact the neighboring KIA dealership was looking to expand and agreed to lease the lot.

The linked report concluded that Lincoln remains hopeful that their new MKC utility vehicle (with LED lights that project a "Welcome Mat") will play a major role in returning the brand to the sales volume it once enjoyed.

Call me skeptic, but I don't think I'd bet too much money on Lincoln's revival based on what I've seen so far from Dearborn.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote