Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 09-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Just booked a Service Appointment using the "Chat" feature

I need to get an oil change and tire rotation so I figured I'd use my smartphone and do some "mystery shopping" to see what the experience was like.

After a somewhat convoluted process (I may create a new thread later on what I experienced) I ended up on a Chrysler/Jeep Dealer's mobile website. I couldn't find any coupons or pricing information on the webpage so I decided to click on the "Live Chat" link.

That link opened a new page on my smartphone:

I thought it was interesting that "Live Chat" was a lot like texting but it used a webpage as opposed to text messaging.
In my case I'd have to concede that it would have been just as easy to pick up the phone and talk to someone but there is something less invasive, and therefore more appealing, about communicating via text.
Initially I only wanted to determine the cost for a tire rotate but the Dealership Representative did her job and asked for the appointment. Since the price was right and the appointment was convenient it seemed like a "no brainer" to go ahead and book the appointment.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Contact at Once pricing

I was intrigued by the concept of providing customers with the option of texting with the Dealership so I did some quick investigation.

Based on the screenshot above it didn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that the Dealership must be using Contactatonce.com as their vendor. Here's a link to the Contact at Once webpage tailored to suit the needs of Car Dealerships - click here

The entry level option appears to have a monthly charge of $325 with a more premium service with a monthly charge of $575. The premium service provides a limited number of text message conversations with prospective customers that take place outside of normal business hours.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
mryan55

We still use Contact at Once for live chat on Cars.com and AutoTrader but have shifted to a staffed solution with an outside 'call/chat center' for our main websites. The fully staffed Contact at Once solution was just too expensive. It shifts the responsibility off of the sales staffers -- however, the responses aren't always the best. The main goal is just to get contact information, which makes the customer feel as if the chat isn't really doing anything special.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
It shifts the responsibility off of the sales staffers -- however, the responses aren't always the best. The main goal is just to get contact information, which makes the customer feel as if the chat isn't really doing anything special.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

For me, I've never been a big text user - I either call people or I send them an email.

That said, I do use text a lot more now than I did a year or so ago and I like the fact that texting seems to generate a more immediate response than email but it's less invasive than a phone call.

As much as I liked having the "Live Chat" option on my smartphone I can think of numerous times when I've had a pop-up box appear on a webpage on my laptop asking if I wanted a chat conversation. For me I hate the pop-up boxes - let me try to find what I'm looking for and if I need help I'll ask for it.