Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > South Central Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Another Georgia Ford Dealer Closes - Dawson Motor Company

News reports indicate that Dawson Motor Company, a Ford Dealer in Dawson, GA, will close down after being in business for 85 years. Here's a link to the news report - click here

This is the second Ford Dealer in rural Georgia to close in as many weeks. Last week Culpepper Ford in Thompson, GA announced they were closing after more than 60 years in business.

In the case of Culpepper Ford it appeared the closure was the dealer's decision as he grew tired of fighting a tough economy. In the case of Dawson Motor Company the report indicated the bank has taken control of the dealership and the employees are hopeful a larger dealership will buy the assets and keep the dealership operational.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Lakeshow

Unfortunately a sign of the times to come in my opinion. I'm surprised that both of these recent closures were Ford Dealers. Most of the Ford dealers I know closely have been cashing in on new sales since the Chrysler and GM debacle. It did sound like the local economy and poor management may have played a part.
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote