Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
squish

Default Another Closure

saturn of santa maria california closed and the group that owns them is going to move their honda store into the saturn facility and turn the old honda facility into a used car lot and says no one will lose their jobs. so while the closing of the saturn store isn't a suprise, it is good news to see they are trying to keep the jobs for those hard working folks.
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
saturn of santa maria california closed and the group that owns them is going to move their honda store into the saturn facility and turn the old honda facility into a used car lot and says no one will lose their jobs. so while the closing of the saturn store isn't a suprise, it is good news to see they are trying to keep the jobs for those hard working folks.
You can't blame a dealer for wanting to close a Saturn store - their future looks pretty bleak. I just read that Lithia closed their Saturn store in Eugene.

Concerning the dealer in Santa Maria, you've got to give them credit for closing a store but keeping the jobs in place. I hope their transition to a used car sales facility works out for them.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

What's with Saturn and those ridiculous commercials? Doesn't GM have a better way to spend our tax dollars?
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
What's with Saturn and those ridiculous commercials? Doesn't GM have a better way to spend our tax dollars?
Well, thanks to Tivo I haven't watched any of the Saturn commercials.

But now you've piqued my curiousity and I'll have to pay attention and watch the next one I see.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
squish

yeah, saturn is all over the tv ads here in california, ironically, this dealer that just closed the saturn store had been running ads that business is great so come in and buy a new saturn, i think the ad said sales were up 38%
squish is offline   Reply With Quote