Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Adpros

Default Hello From Saint Louis MO

First post! No, really!

I just found this forum and, though not a beginner at forums in general, I thought it would be appropriate to begin here.

I am a Tech at Royal Gate DCJR on the Missouri side. Nuff said there I think.

I am pleased to see that there is a forum where owners, sales and techs can hang out and exchange daily issues and events.

I've been at the dealership level for about 21 years and have always been at a Chrysler oriented shop. Needless to say, I enjoy the product though sometimes I end the day scratching my head as to why I've continued working as a tech for so many years.

I will be scrounging the threads looking for tips and tricks from other techs daily so, if you see me asking a lot of questions, you'll know why.

Before I get on with this, does this forum have a special section for tools? I seem to have found a number of threads in the "Parts" area. Is that where y'all keep those?

Thanks!
Adpros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Welcome to DealershipForum - it's great to have you here.

There are not too many technicians on the forum but there are a lot of people here who have a strong Chrysler background. The forum is still relatively small but the people who are here are awesome and there's very little drama. (Most of our disagreements end with a "let's agree to disagree" mentality as opposed to a flame-fest.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adpros View Post
Before I get on with this, does this forum have a special section for tools? I seem to have found a number of threads in the "Parts" area. Is that where y'all keep those?
There's no special section for tools - most of the threads concerning special tools either end up in the Service or Parts sub-forum.

There are a fair number of OLDCO Dealers (Dealers who lost their store as a result of Chrysler's bankruptcy) on the forum so if you're looking to buy some special tools you might find some willing sellers.

Thanks for joining the forum and creating an Introduction Thread.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote