Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 03-18-2015, 07:22 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default The fun is gone!

We have talked about this before and Auto News has done a story about it. My last 20 group had Brad Joseph in it, he is a fantastic guy! His Dodge dealership just had its 100th anniversary, they were one of the original dealers. Oliver C. Joseph Inc.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...wheres-the-fun
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

You're right - we've covered the concept that the car business is no longer as much fun as it used to be and many of our members expressed their agreement.

The story you linked in Automotive News reviews some common concerns - pressure from the OEMs, increased competition and reduced profits due to the Internet, employee issues, government regulations, etc.

While I hate to be a "downer" my bet is as much as we've seen the car business change in the past 20 years, we'll probably see more changes in the next 20 years.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
rd3311

Brad Joseph and I go back almost 40 years. We drove from Detroit to Toronto and back when we were both in the old Chrysler Dealers Sons and Daughters program way back when driving a Chrysler Credit field car that was loaned to me by the Detroit branch manager at the time. The nightclub at the CN tower was a big deal back then, a lot fun.. long overdue good memories.
rd3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd3311 View Post
Brad Joseph and I go back almost 40 years. We drove from Detroit to Toronto and back when we were both in the old Chrysler Dealers Sons and Daughters program way back when driving a Chrysler Credit field car that was loaned to me by the Detroit branch manager at the time. The nightclub at the CN tower was a big deal back then, a lot fun.. long overdue good memories.
That's awesome - sounds like some great memories.

I remember hearing from a lot of second and third generation dealers who attended a Chrysler Dealers Sons and Daughters training program that they developed some great friendships and had some great times as part of that experience.

I also remember hearing about a lot of trips that were taken to Toronto in the evening to attend the "opera" over there....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote