Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
CL Pgh

Default Chrysler Email Leads

Does anyone here have their email leads capped at a certain level per month??? I’m almost ashamed to say this in public… but I’m talking about the leads that come thru Chrysler Digital and charged to our parts account @ $18.00 per lead.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Does anyone here have their email leads capped at a certain level per month??? I’m almost ashamed to say this in public… but I’m talking about the leads that come thru Chrysler Digital and charged to our parts account @ $18.00 per lead.
Do you mean the 3rd party leads from CD, not your website or branded site leads?

We do not have any 3rd party leads, or the KBB trial.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
LJS

Quote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Did I missed something? The leads that say 3rd party we are being charged $18 for? I thought those were included in the price of our CD package? I better go look at the parts statement. How the hell did I miss that?
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
CL Pgh

OK guy’s… where to start… there’s so many things I just picked up here in the last week???

Questions:
1. Check your own website and see if a Kelly Blue Book logo cycle’s thru your front page? (starting Sunday that's $149 per month... and that's just the tip of the iceberg!)
2. Do you get faxes over that has a big CHRYSLER DIGITAL at the top? (these are $18per)

Last edited by CL Pgh; 02-25-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Slo

$18.00 per lead???? I sure hope they are a lot better than they used to be then. We used to get them 2, sometimes 3 weeks late. By the time we'd get the lead for Joe Gotnocreditburied10grandwantslowerpayments, he'd already been back to JD Byrider and got a different ride, and then decided that his new higher payments were more expensive than the old payments he couldn't afford. Luckily, we got to pay for those leads....

We had decent results when we first started the 3rd party leads, but that lasted less than 3 months. I can remember having the lead generation companies "trainers" on the phone marveling at how we struggled with their programs, until they looked at the credit bureaus. Then, they just laughed as they charged us for leads. There were 4 or 5 different companies we used, each worse than the previous. I was glad when that program was finally eliminated from our budget.
Slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Txflyer

Quote:
1. Check your own website and see if a Kelly Blue Book logo cycle’s thru your front page? (starting Sunday that's $149 per month... and that's just the tip of the iceberg!)
I called and had the KBB link removed from our site. For $149, my customers can type www.kbb.com at the top of their browser themselves.

What are everyone's thoughts on the other free package that ends Saturday - the one that is supposed to put your inventory on cars.com, kbb.com and autotrader?
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Hold on, are you saying that Chrysler wants to charge $149/month just to have this banner/link be on the Dealership's Factory Website?

Am I missing something - who in their right mind would be willing to incur that charge? Hell, KBB should be paying the dealership for having a banner ad on their site.

Thanks for another great thread CL.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #8
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Hold on, are you saying that Chrysler wants to charge $149/month just to have this banner/link be on the Dealership's Factory Website?

That is exactly what they are doing. You get to try it for one month free, then the charge is automatic unless you call them to cancel it. For someone who doesn't watch their mail carefully it will be a nice surprise on March's bill.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on the other free package that ends Saturday - the one that is supposed to put your inventory on cars.com, kbb.com and autotrader?
Need to watch this and check. Was told from the CD rep that Cars.com/Autotrader.com will only have NEW Chrysler's. CD can not product a list of vendors for this program so we dealers can see what our money is going too.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #10
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
OK guy’s… where to start… there’s so many things I just picked up here in the last week???

2. Do you get faxes over that has a big CHRYSLER DIGITAL at the top? (these are $18per)

Just checked our dealerships open account for December 2009 / Jan. 2010 and current. We do not get billed for "BIG CHRYSLER DIGITAL" 18.00 3rd party leads.

We do get the "BIG CHRYSLER DIGITAL" Faxes but they are for Brand sites, our website only.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 AM   #11
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Need to watch this and check. Was told from the CD rep that Cars.com/Autotrader.com will only have NEW Chrysler's. CD can not product a list of vendors for this program so we dealers can see what our money is going too.
Sad thing is, so far only ONE of my new vehicles is showing up on autotrader. The CD rep cannot tell me what the problem is, and refuses to give us another free month while they figure out the problem. I will most likely be opting out from the whole shebang. Pisses me off that no one is willing to support a product they want to charge me $299 a month for.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #12
sadie1

Default Leads

Not only the KBB program hit your website and starting next week is $149 but they also rolled out a program called Inventory Services that they will start billing you for next week as well and for our store that was another $299 per month. I called and spoke with dealer.com and if you want to cancel those services they automatically enrolled you in you need to send you a fax to 313-447-4746 telling them to cancel each individual service or next month you will be hit with those charges to your parts statement as well....

KBB ($149 per month)

Inventory Services ($299 per month)

3rd Party Leads ($18 each) you can put a cap on these
sadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
CL Pgh

I actually started this thread because the cap I placed on these $18.00 leads was being ignored by Chrysler Digital for the last 4mons… after a few calls & emails I’m now getting a little over $1500 back on next months parts statement. Isn’t that crazy… they can ignore my cap request AND reach right in and take the money! Wonder how many dealerships across the country are unknowingly getting dinged right now??? BTW… after some local calls it appears three different dealers here have this same problem. Just a heads up. Here’s a couple contact pieces in case you need it.
Phone: 888-511-8902
Email: info@chryslerdigital.com

KBB Lead Driver icon at $149: The icon keeps the customer on your site (it doesn’t go to the KBB site) and has multiple pages to fill in prior to the customer getting a trade value. All the info. the customer inputs comes directly to the dealership. I did a test inquiry… not sure a customer would actually fill in all the required fields???

Inventory Marketing Service: Everyone probably has this even if you don’t know it. Chrysler put both these programs on our sites for free… but starting Mon. this little gem (which has done nothing for us) is an additional charge of $299 or $599 per mon. depending on your dealer size.

The $18 leads, KBB Lead Driver & Inventory Marketing Service are all pulled from our parts accounts… so convenient you don’t even realize it’s happening! The contact number for this stuff is #313-202-6970.

Next month the free Video runs out and again, the convenient billing thru our parts account takes place at a charge of $250.00.

Base website: $349
Lead Mgr Tool: $179
KBB tool: $149
Invent. Serv.: $599
Video: $250
Total: $1,526.00
PLUS the $18.00 per lead bill … cover your ass folks or they will get into your wallet without you even knowing it!

Last edited by CL Pgh; 02-26-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
LJS

Quote:
PLUS the $18.00 per lead bill … cover your ass folks or they will get into your wallet without you even knowing it!
I just looked, suckers got me for $126 in Jan.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #15
ohiobuckeyes

Did any one notice that in the "Leads" section of CC.DEALER.COM that the customers address is automaticly posted with a phone lead.