Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Great Topic for Dealership Management Meeting

In one of the Regional Sections I posted a thread where a local Dealer settled an Age Descrimination lawsuit for $100,000. Here's a link to that thread: $100K Settlement in Age Descrimination Lawsuit

The lawsuit was filed by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as part of the Federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act.

I just read another story where the same agency is suing another Dealer in New York for sexual harassment. In this case, the EEOC alleges that two female employees were harassed on the job and a male employee was assigned an offensive e-mail address.

Both of these stories would make an excellent discussion topic for a Dealership Management Meeting - especially in light of the comment by one EEOC Official that "the lawsuit should send a message to area employers."

Here's a link to the story from New York: http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/234017.html
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote