Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
bruceb

Default first post: Denny Hecker

I am a sales guy that has enjoyed this forum for the last 8 months. Sometimes the managers get a little annoyed with my knowledge that I get from here:shades: Anyway have been in the business at one price store for 6 years. and thought you would enjoy this article on Hecker employees missing paychecks and losing health insurance. http://www.startribune.com/business/...tml?page=2&c=y
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
squish

welcome to the forum, glad you have chosen to take the leap from lurker to poster, that is an interesting article. keep it up!
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
CarguyCO

my managers get a little antsy when i know stuff also ;0
i like it......sometimes they don't even know until later...heh heh heh
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
CL Pgh

Welcome aboard bruceb. Post away.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceb View Post
I am a sales guy that has enjoyed this forum for the last 8 months. Sometimes the managers get a little annoyed with my knowledge that I get from here:shades: Anyway have been in the business at one price store for 6 years. and thought you would enjoy this article on Hecker employees missing paychecks and losing health insurance. http://www.startribune.com/business/...tml?page=2&c=y
Thanks for the post - Great article.

The ratio of lurkers to posters has taken a downturn lately - I appreciate you stepping-up and adding to the forum.

Concerning Hecker, that's really unfortunate for his employees. It's amazing how his empire has crumbled and how many people have been impacted. Based on what I've read it appears that Chrysler Financial will take a HUGE loss - I'm surprised that it got that bad that fast.

Concerning your managers, I can understand how they may feel but this is the age of the Internet. That said, I'm really pleased with the information that's exchanged on this site - great care has been taken to ensure that we don't divulge private information on a public forum.

Thanks again for the post - I hope you'll become a regular contributor.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
bruceb

waiting for finance to sign out my customerthought i/d post this update on Denny Hecker Group http://www.startribune.com/business/...3aPc:_Yyc:aUUX
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
CL Pgh

I understand CFC pulled in employees from across the country to grab and audit his inventories... GMAC's just a tad late to this party. Is there a Hecker store in your area?
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceb View Post
waiting for finance to sign out my customerthought i/d post this update on Denny Hecker Group http://www.startribune.com/business/...3aPc:_Yyc:aUUX
Thanks for the update - sadly it appears the collapse of another Hecker store will leave more people unemployed.

The portion of the news report indicating GMAC sent their representatives to follow salespeople on test drives is incredible - I've never heard a bank going to that extreme to keep control of the inventory.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote