Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Independent Dealers > Sales

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
tbrillant

Default USED car sales pay plans

I'm currently in the process from going all family to bringing outside sales people, I'm looking for ideas on sales plans that are for used car stores. Location is Florida. Any input would be great, keep in mind it might be only 1 to start.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
tbrillant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

tbrilliant - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum

I moved your thread to the Independent Dealers section of the forum since your question is best answered by someone who's running a dedicated used car operation.

In answer to your question, in my opinion the best pay plans for salespeople have the following components:
  • They're simple to explain
  • They're easy to understand
  • They have bonuses that reward volume and gross
  • They have a "fast start" component that rewards early production
In regards to the specifics I hope some of our members will share what works for their stores. When I get caught-up I'll find the recent thread where we discussed pay plans for salespeople and add it to this thread.

As a final thought, you may want to read this thread and make sure the pay plan you set-up doesn't make you vulnerable to a minimum wage claim - click here
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
When I get caught-up I'll find the recent thread where we discussed pay plans for salespeople and add it to this thread.
Here's the thread I was thinking of - click here

The thread reviews a pay plan for a new car dealership in Las Vegas and other members share their thoughts about the pay plan and what works best for their store.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote