Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Hyundai/Kia > Parts

Notices

Old 03-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
6sec6cyl

Default Hyundai Obs For sale.

I have recently been put in charge of helping our sister Hyundai store of which was a manager of about 4 years ago get rid of the obsolescence parts. Were looking at around $50,000 where Smartstock has loaded him up and then kicked him from the program. We have decided from a managerial standpoint to not go back with the Smartstock program, but are still needing to get rid of the inventory. We are willing to make a deal!!!!
6sec6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

6sec6cyl - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.

Thanks for creating the thread - I'm not sure what the market is for obsolete Hyundai parts is - hopefully you'll get some feedback.

Just to be clear, is the $50K that you have as aged inventory still available from the Hyundai parts depot are is it old stock that is no longer inventoried by Hyundai? (I'm guessing it's the former but wanted to make sure.)

Would another Hyundai Dealer who had excess return allowance be able to return the parts to Hyundai for credit or does Hyundai have rules in place to prevent that?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #3
6sec6cyl

As far as I am aware the parts are still stocked in the Hyundai PDC's or atleast the inventory was clean up to a certain point 05-06 while I was the acting manager there. There may be a few stragglers that have slipped through but mostly body parts and accessories. I also believe that they are returnable under the excess return allowance, we just do not accrue enough to send the parts back in a timely manner.
6sec6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sec6cyl View Post
As far as I am aware the parts are still stocked in the Hyundai PDC's or atleast the inventory was clean up to a certain point 05-06 while I was the acting manager there. There may be a few stragglers that have slipped through but mostly body parts and accessories. I also believe that they are returnable under the excess return allowance, we just do not accrue enough to send the parts back in a timely manner.
Thanks for the update.

If the parts are still returnable maybe you'll be able to find a Hyundai Dealer nearby that has excess part return allowance and it will be a "win-win" for both dealers.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:46 AM   #5
TORGY

its pretty tough to find a Hyundai dealer that has any excess obsolesce return reserve. To my knowledge, even if they did have return reserve they probably can not return the parts to Hyundai, if they have not ordered that part form Hyundai within the past 12 months. You will need to find a dealer that is actively selling those specific parts on a regular basis. It is a pretty tough thing to do, we have been trying to offload some items for over 2 years and it's almost impossible to do.
I have sold some items through a 3rd party broker, but for the most part it hasn't been much help. Usually what they want to buy are items that it isn't feasible to ship by the time you discount to 50% off and then pay the broker 5-7%. Your almost better off having a garage sale for the accessories, finding a salvage yard that might buy the body parts, and then scrapping the rest all together. But I have found that our dealer is reluctant to scrap any parts.
TORGY is offline   Reply With Quote