Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Fiat Dealership for sale in Georgia

Well, it's not too late for you to own your own Fiat Dealership....

I was reviewing the Classified Ads in Automotive News and saw a listing for a Fiat Dealership for sale in Georgia. There was no price listed but the ad indicated the dealership had the current "Image Facility" and had a strong used car operation.

Now my first assessment was this was a dealer who was bailing out on Fiat but in fairness I see the same broker has a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealership for sale in the same market. (Most likely a full-line CJD dealer who's selling off the entire operation.)

Regardless, it's the first Fiat franchise I've seen for sale and I bet it won't be the last....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
mr4t60e

The dealership equivalent of swamp land for sale? That didn't take long.
mr4t60e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4t60e View Post
The dealership equivalent of swamp land for sale? That didn't take long.
Not that too many people would want it, but I wonder if Auburn Hills would allow the dealer to sell-off the Fiat franchise separate from his existing CJDR franchise? Additionally, are there any restrictions that the Fiat franchise must be sold to an existing Chrysler dealer? (As I recall 100% of the Fiat dealers also have an existing Chrysler franchise.)

My bet is there's nothing preventing the dealer from selling his stand-alone Fiat store to anyone who meets Chrysler's requirements.

As before, I doubt there's a long line of interested prospects....
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
ssdd

I am in GA and I don't want it...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
I am in GA and I don't want it...
I'm guessing it won't be too hard to figure out who the dealer is that wants to sell since there are only three Fiat dealerships in the entire state of Georgia.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
ssdd

My rep is in Orlando for three days of training, so I cant call him and find out, but I will Thursday...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
My rep is in Orlando for three days of training, so I cant call him and find out, but I will Thursday...
It would be interesting to know why the dealer's wanting to sell. If the dealer was close to retirement I'd wonder why he/she would even want to mess with Fiat to begin with. Maybe the dealer is wanting to sell the store for a reason other than retirement?

Here's the list of Fiat Dealers in Georgia:
FIAT of South Atlanta
Morrow, GA

Landmark FIAT of Atlanta
Atlanta, GA

Team FIAT Mall of Georgia
Buford, GA
Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
ohiobuckeyes

My question is which one is owned by AutoNation?

And Who has a Subaru and Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram location with a FIAT Dealership and we have a winner...
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
My question is which one is owned by AutoNation?
Based on the information in this thread, here are the owners of the three Georgia Fiat Dealers initially appointed by Chrysler:
  1. Morrow, GA (Don Jackson)
  2. Newnan, GA (Don Jackson)
  3. Buford, GA (AutoNation, Inc.)
I don't know Don Jackson so I'm not sure if he ended up opening both Fiat locations in Georgia.

Additionally, there's always the chance that AutoNation is the seller but I'm not sure if they would use a broker to sell one of their stores?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:45 AM   #10
rd3311

Quote:
Additionally, are there any restrictions that the Fiat franchise must be sold to an existing Chrysler dealer? (As I recall 100% of the Fiat dealers also have an existing Chrysler franchise.)
Rick Case was awarded Fiat for the Fort Lauderdale FL area. Rick does not own a domestic franchise. He was an startup dealer with Hyundai, Kia, and Acura.

Rick was the largest volume Hyundai dealer back in the late 1980's early 90's when he had the three big stores in Houston, Fort Lauderdale, and Atlanta while counting the sales at all three stores.

http://www.rickcase.com

Last edited by rd3311; 09-28-2011 at 04:48 AM.
rd3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd3311 View Post
Rick Case was awarded Fiat for the Fort Lauderdale FL area. Rick does not own a domestic franchise. He was an startup dealer with Hyundai, Kia, and Acura.

Rick was the largest volume Hyundai dealer back in the late 1980's early 90's when he had the three big stores in Houston, Fort Lauderdale, and Atlanta while counting the sales at all three stores.

http://www.rickcase.com
Thanks for the information.

I was just having a conversation the other day where I mentioned I was almost 100% sure that all of the Fiat points were awarded to existing Chrysler dealers. Your example proves that I was wrong.

Here's the list of the Fiat Dealers in Florida that Chrysler initially approved:
  1. Daytona Beach, FL (Randall Dye)
  2. Sarasota, FL (Donald Osborne & R.W. Geyer)
  3. West Palm Beach, FL (Jim Arrigo)
  4. Winter Haven, FL (Ralph Mahalak)
  5. East Orlando, FL (Frank Rodriguez)
  6. Sawgrass, FL (Jim Arrigo)
  7. Clearwater, FL (Alfred Andrews)
  8. Fort Myers, FL (Frank Galeana Jr.)
  9. West Miami, FL (Robert Potamkin, Alan Potamkin, & Walter Ritter)
  10. Winter Park, FL (John Fields)
Since Rick Case wasn't on the initial list I'm guessing that one of the above listed dealers backed out and Chrysler back-filled the point with Rick Case.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
rd3311

The Chrysler dealer in Fort Lauderdale (Plantation) is Herb Yardley

Massey-Yardley CDJR
rd3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Default Ad is no longer listed in Automotive News

I was checking the Classified Section of Automotive News and noticed the ad for the Fiat Store in Georgia is no longer listed.

I also checked the TimLambGroup.com website and didn't see the Fiat Store listed as one of their featured offerings.

While the initial evidence suggests the store has been sold, I'd be surprised if they were able to find a buyer that quickly. My bet is the ad will appear in Automotive News again on a rotational basis.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Default Did the Fiat store in Atlanta ever sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
It would be interesting to know why the dealer's wanting to sell. If the dealer was close to retirement I'd wonder why he/she would even want to mess with Fiat to begin with. Maybe the dealer is wanting to sell the store for a reason other than retirement?

Here's the list of Fiat Dealers in Georgia:
FIAT of South Atlanta
Morrow, GA

Landmark FIAT of Atlanta
Atlanta, GA

Team FIAT Mall of Georgia
Buford, GA
I was checking IP Addresses and I noticed this thread was being read and I wondered - Did the Fiat Store in Atlanta ever sell?

I checked the Fiat website and they still show the same three Fiat dealers for Atlanta. I'm guessing that the store never sold or the new owner agree to keep the existing name. (I'm betting on a no-sale.)
Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Additionally, are there any restrictions that the Fiat franchise must be sold to an existing Chrysler dealer? (As I recall 100% of the Fiat dealers also have an existing Chrysler franchise.)

Cochran Fiat in Monroeville (Pittsburgh), PA does not own any Chrysler Brand Stores...
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote