Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Smile Powerball winner buys Harley Dealership

OK Ralph, I'll admit you're the first person I thought of when I read this story.

A report in the Dayton Business Journal indicates a 2007 Powerball Winner has purchased a Harley Davidson dealership for an undisclosed amount.

Here's an excerpt from the report:
"Coterel, the dealer operator and majority owner, won a $314.3 million Powerball lottery drawing in 2007 along with his father, David Coterel, and his sister, Lynn Hiles.

He said he decided to use some of his winnings to buy the dealership because he began riding a Harley-Davidson and became passionate about the bikes."
Here's a link to the full report - click here

So, if you're looking to sell your store and you want to get maximum Blue Sky, just start calling lottery winners and tell them they can buy your store and then start living the exciting life of a Chrysler Dealer Principal.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
Ralph

Hahahaha....I'll start Googling for some powerball winners.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
ohiobuckeyes

I read that story last night on the Dayton Biz Journal's website. It's great to still see a Powerball winner with the money they won. Most of them spend it all in the first month or so do the most dumb items.

Any one remember Jack Whittaker (314 Million) he lost it all in legal fights and lost some of this family as well.

Still play the Powerball and the Mega Millions every week.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Any one remember Jack Whittaker (314 Million) he lost it all in legal fights and lost some of this family as well.
His name was only vaguely familiar so I looked him up on Google. Here's the link to a Wikipedia page - click here

What a trail of personal tragedy and despair. The amazing part is he was worth $17 Million before he won the lottery - there's no question he would have been better off if he never won.

Definitely goes in the category of "Be careful what you wish for....."
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote