Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #16
possum

I'm actually not negative.
3 generations of my family got wiped out in one afternoon. Many employees who were happy one day, are now worried sick everyday. A highly profitable, tax paying, and civic care giver, just got killed.

The negative posts come from the resentment, and angry side of all this. But, the positive side of this, could be that we are free of a dying beast. Some of my best friends, and people that I respect fully, are Newco Chrysler, GM, and Ford Dealers. I want them to be OK, and this Forum to grow, and be positive. But, I do think it will be a long, bleeding, wasted effort for them in the long run. So, negative? In some ways I am very positive just to be away from this so called "Factory Partner".

My future post will be on a positive note.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
My future post will be on a positive note.
There's no need for you to change anything. You've been here from the beginning and you were a voice for ALL Chrysler Dealers when you corrected Press' testimony before Congress and provided the truth.

To this day I don't think GM and Chrysler fully comprehend the damage they've done as a result of the dealer terminations. While Ford has many advantages over their cross-town rivals, one that's rarely mentioned is they have not fractured their dealer network like GM and Chrysler have.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:01 AM   #18
LJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
But, the positive side of this, could be that we are free of a dying beast. Some of my best friends, and people that I respect fully, are Newco Chrysler, GM, and Ford Dealers. I want them to be OK, and this Forum to grow, and be positive. But, I do think it will be a long, bleeding, wasted effort for them in the long run.
This haunts me every day. I think about how years ago I really loved this company(Chrysler). And then I think about where we are at now, and it is really, really depressing. It is hard to get fired up and get things pumping again while all the while I can see the handwriting on the wall as to what is probably coming at us. It's a really strange feeling, but all the while I am not upset about it. Maybe I am just numb by now?
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #19
JoeRocket

I had a conversation with an area rep this past week about this topic. The rep claims to agree with me that this isn't a good idea...

I was told that the current idea is to have the part delivered to the nearest dealership (if the dealership doesn't already stock the part) for pickup by the customer. I laughed out loud.
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote