Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Former Iron Mountain owner being investigated

News reports indicate that John Chamberlain, the former owner of the Iron Mountain Autoplex, is under investigation by the Colorado Department of Revenue Auto Industry for allegedly selling cars without a proper license at a Golden dealership. For the full report - click here

Apparently he was working at Christopher's Dodge World as a General Manager. Previously he had been working at a Toyota Dealership in Arizona which does not require a license to sell vehicles.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
SHACOS
Super Moderator

So the guy loses his own dealership group, goes to work at another and gets fired? I'm guessing they've never heard of background checks in the personnel department at the Dodge World? Wow....
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
So the guy loses his own dealership group, goes to work at another and gets fired? I'm guessing they've never heard of background checks in the personnel department at the Dodge World? Wow....
I'm betting the Dealer Principal at Dodge World was just doing a favor for a former dealer and trying to help him get back on his feet. I don't know John Chamberlain, but I've met Chris Hall, the dealer who owns Dodge World, a couple of times and think very highly of him.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote